The Dove - How Many Are Left?

Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Was wondering how many of "The Dove" A319s are still flying in these colours? And of those that are left where they are based?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Have a look at thebasource.com fleet list http://www.thebasource.com/airbusa319.html it's pretty accurate.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
I think none have been repainted into standard BA colours. Both at LHR and LGW, mainly at LHR.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:32 am

G-EUPC The Firefly was repainted in November 2012 http://www.thebasource.com/firefly-extinguished/
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Still all around, none repainted.

I had one both out and return to DUB last weekend. Had to resist massively at the gate when some tourists were shrieking with excitement about it being the "special" Firefly...I just couldn't bring myself to correct them!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
G-DBCB often found flying to DUB and BHD.

BHD has recently become a A319 only route, or mostly anyway on the 6 flights a day much to my distain as all of them are in shoddy condition interior wise.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

And how many hawks? ;-)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC GCL
Originally Posted by BHDATC
G-DBCB often found flying to DUB and BHD.

BHD has recently become a A319 only route, or mostly anyway on the 6 flights a day much to my distain as all of them are in shoddy condition interior wise.
Totally agree. At least they're not all ex-BMI A319s now so you often get to see where you are on the moving map!

Came back on the 1415 earlier. The sooner the T5 move comes the better! My experience of the T1 gate and arrival arrangements seems to get worse every week. This afternoon was painful.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BMABEL
Totally agree. At least they're not all ex-BMI A319s now so you often get to see where you are on the moving map!

Came back on the 1415 earlier. The sooner the T5 move comes the better! My experience of the T1 gate and arrival arrangements seems to get worse every week. This afternoon was painful.
The BHD experience is a shambles. In my last 17 sectors and yes I have been counting as I do up to 4 per week, I have been late in every single one. And that is late on the BA exaggerated scale of how long it should take. The 6pm departure is the worst, not once the last month have I left before 7pm, sometimes later.

I was thinking it must be Heathrow, but Aer Lingus manage to get in and out on time.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC GCL
Originally Posted by BHDATC
The BHD experience is a shambles. In my last 17 sectors and yes I have been counting as I do up to 4 per week, I have been late in every single one. And that is late on the BA exaggerated scale of how long it should take. The 6pm departure is the worst, not once the last month have I left before 7pm, sometimes later.

I was thinking it must be Heathrow, but Aer Lingus manage to get in and out on time.
I've tried the new EI T2 experience. Apart from the air bridge failing to retract on the last occasion (which the Captain said had happened to him before) it was an 'on time' pleasure. Maybe BA to BHD from T5 will be similar?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by courtster
G-EUPC The Firefly was repainted in November 2012 http://www.thebasource.com/firefly-extinguished/
That was a shame. Did anyone find out why they repainted it so soon?

Don't some of the doves have parts like cowls that have had to be replaced in normal BA colours so you have the odd splashes of blue on the engines?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by layz
Don't some of the doves have parts like cowls that have had to be replaced in normal BA colours so you have the odd splashes of blue on the engines?
Yes, I've seen one at LHR like that. It has a blue cowling in the left engine. Unsurprisingly it looks weird.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur

I've seen one like that. I took a picture of it even. Looked really strange.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:25 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere it had something to do with the Olympic trademarks. Someone probably knows better on here though....
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by courtster
I'm sure I read somewhere it had something to do with the Olympic trademarks. Someone probably knows better on here though....
The firefly was London 2012 branded so I guess there was a limited period when it could retain the livery? Possibly BA decided to take it off anyway since the London Olympics are over. I don't think it had the Olympic rings on since BA weren't the official Olympic airline were they?

The Dove livery is BA's own design and doesn't mention the Olympics so I guess there is no pressing reason to remove it until the frames come in for a re-paint.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.