Search

Unable to UUA travel agent booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi,

I made a booking through my travel agent for DEL-LHR-ORD for next week in WT+. I see award availability when I search for CW seats on the same flight. MMB would not let me upgrade online which happens all the time so I called BAEC here in India. The person had a look at my booking and said that I am booked on a fare not published by BA and hence he can not upgrade my booking using Avios.

I also spoke to an agent at USA BAEC and she put me on hold and came back after several minutes to say that she for some reason can not upgrade it even though there is availability. She even asked her supervisor but they were not able to find out what is the issue. She then recommended me to get in touch with my TA to upgrade using avios.

What is the issue here? How do I UUA?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
welcome

See post #7 in this tread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22138044

And then the second section -

"02 UuA on BA only flight, booked through a travel agency"
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; SPG Platinum; Avis President's Club

I had the same issue last week - no chance to upgrade my flight from Dallas to Heathrow due to it being a ticket type that couldn't be upgraded.

I seriously doubted that this was the case, so I waited up until the UK gold line opened, who could see that it shouldn't be classified as such, and put me on hold for a couple of minutes while they sorted out the 'glitch'...

So glad it went through OK as I was stepping straight off the red eye to go on my stag weekend, and a bed for the flight was much needed to put some 'sleep credit' in the bank!!

If you were talking to a standard BA rep, but can try a status line instead then I'd suggest that... Or just ring up and ask again, you might get a more knowledgable rep the next time.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sorry, I checked the other thread and can't see what the "glitch" is. I'm trying to upgrade an itinerary for my parents booked via a TA (all BA marketed and operated flights). The agent said it can't be upgraded as it is a "DO" ticket and they can't see the fare and taxes paid so cannot upgrade it. The fare class is T and it isn't a group or special fare.

Is it worth calling back or was the information I was given correct?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britenbsas
Sorry, I checked the other thread and can't see what the "glitch" is. I'm trying to upgrade an itinerary for my parents booked via a TA (all BA marketed and operated flights). The agent said it can't be upgraded as it is a "DO" ticket and they can't see the fare and taxes paid so cannot upgrade it. The fare class is T and it isn't a group or special fare.

Is it worth calling back or was the information I was given correct?
This was the same issue I had. I called my travel agent to ask what is going on and they were able to remove this "DO" status from my ticket in under a minute. I called BA back and they upgraded me right away.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by avneeshj
This was the same issue I had. I called my travel agent to ask what is going on and they were able to remove this "DO" status from my ticket in under a minute. I called BA back and they upgraded me right away.
Thanks. I'll try that
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:39 pm

The travel agent (Trailfinders) say they have no idea what the "DO" marker is so cannot do anything. BA say they can't upgrade the itinerary due to the "DO" marker! Is there another phrase or keyword I can say to them or to BA which will allow them to do the necessary and allow me to process this upgrade for my parents? It is an all BA itinerary and a standard fare booked in PE (T class) so should be upgradeable
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britenbsas
The travel agent (Trailfinders) say they have no idea what the "DO" marker is so cannot do anything. BA say they can't upgrade the itinerary due to the "DO" marker! Is there another phrase or keyword I can say to them or to BA which will allow them to do the necessary and allow me to process this upgrade for my parents? It is an all BA itinerary and a standard fare booked in PE (T class) so should be upgradeable
I told my TA that BA says they're not able to see the fare and such and thus not able to upgrade it. She knew what I was talking about and sorted it out quickly. This was the only time it has happened in the course of multiple bookings they've made for me on BA in the last few years.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
My parents are due to be flying BOS-LHR in WT+, booked in T, through Trailfinders. (It's part of an open-jaw itinerary that's otherwise all in Y.) I've spotted a pair of CW redemption seats on their flight, so gave my mum all the info she needed, and she rang the blue line this afternoon.

After 45 minutes on the phone, she eventually got a 'computer says no'. Apparently the agent "discovered it was a BTIT fare which meant it had been discounted by travel agent and therefore not changeable at all."

has anybody heard of that acronym before? Might calling back and trying again bear fruit?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by teflon
has anybody heard of that acronym before?
AIUI, BT fares and IT fares are what you'll commonly get if you go to a consolidator to get a discount ticket. I think that they stand for something like "Bulk Ticket" and "Inclusive Tour". If you have a look at this post, you'll see the following note: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22138044
02 UuA on BA only flight, booked through a travel agency

Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
    Ah, got you. Sounds like it's likely to be a Bulk Ticket in that case - shame there's no indication anywhere that this might be the case.
    Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:01 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by teflon
    ... shame there's no indication anywhere that this might be the case.
    I usually start from the working assumption that if I buy from a place like Trailfinders because it's cheaper than buying directly from the airline, I will be getting a BT or IT ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.