Wiki Posts
Search

Which OW lounge at LHR T3 ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
Which OW lounge at LHR T3 ?

I'm one world sapphire and am flying aa to miami on friday,which is the best lounge to use in T3 at heathrow, all I'm after is some breakfast before my 0945 departure, thanks
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
BA's.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...minal-3-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ch-lounge.html
+ many more.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Cathay or BA lounges are generally the recommended ones in T3. Try both of them if you have time.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping this thread and seeking updated thoughts.

Which lounge for an AA J to BA J transfer (in the morning) at T3?

Seems it mostly comes down to AA Admirals Club vs. BA Galleries (is CX open yet?)

Main goal is a shower without having to wait, secondary goal is something decent to eat for breakfast. I won't have a ton of time there. I was at the AC about a year ago and was generally impressed, but comparisons/recommendations appreciated!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
CX lounge is not open yet and, I hear, will not be until at least mid October.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Spotted a mention of this just recently over on the CX forum .... the re-furb seems to be dragging on.

Someone had messaged the CX twitter team (just within last few days) and it seems that even they could offer no date for the re-opening of their dedicated lounge at T3. Meanwhile their website directs pax to the AA lounges.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
QF lounge should open in April 17 I hear, should be great improvement, especially if they include their famous barista making cocktails like in LAX and SIN.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Bumping this thread and seeking updated thoughts.

Which lounge for an AA J to BA J transfer (in the morning) at T3?

Seems it mostly comes down to AA Admirals Club vs. BA Galleries (is CX open yet?)

Main goal is a shower without having to wait, secondary goal is something decent to eat for breakfast. I won't have a ton of time there. I was at the AC about a year ago and was generally impressed, but comparisons/recommendations appreciated!
I flew out of T3 on Monday (normally fly from T5). No wait at 08.30 for BA showers and they are bigger and cleaner than those at T5. Don't know about AA ones. You can always try both lounges if one is too busy.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
Currently sitting in the BA First lounge after visiting the AA Flagship lounge. BA is clearly the better option: More space, better food, more options, nicer seating. AA has three choices of Gin, though....
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HAM76
Currently sitting in the BA First lounge after visiting the AA Flagship lounge. BA is clearly the better option: More space, better food, more options, nicer seating. AA has three choices of Gin, though....
Agree. Went to the AA lounge last week and left after 30 seconds. Back to BA GF.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:13 am

I do like the AA lounge for breakfast though. The buffet is not great but the cook to order stuff is decent.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I do like the AA lounge for breakfast though. The buffet is not great but the cook to order stuff is decent.
Internet is lightning fast in the AA lounge as well.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Joely
Internet is lightning fast in the AA lounge as well.
Wasn't the general consensus (probably in this thread somewhere) BA for food, AA for internet and CX for noodles? All have decent shower offering.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Wasn't the general consensus (probably in this thread somewhere) BA for food, AA for internet and CX for noodles? All have decent shower offering.
I think so, personally I don't think the flagship lounge is that bad for food although I do miss the black pudding. I have been flying AA a lot more recently since BA decided that food/service is something passengers in Y don't really need and using the AA complex is good as they can do the security check on the passport. They also have quite nice smoothies.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HAM76
Thanks for responding, but when did anyone ask about first class lounges?

Anyone have commentary on the business class lounges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.