Wiki Posts
Search

Using double Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Using double Avios

Does the double Avios rule apply to short-haul too? Is there a limit on how many you can book?
Thx!

If there is no availability in your chosen cabin or on the flight, with the Gold Priority Reward you have the option of using double the regular Avios to secure a seat of your choice on the flight, providing you book 30 days or more in advance. All you have to do is call us to make the arrangements.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:51 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes they apply to shorthaul, and I would assume limited only by your avios balance.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:56 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
No limit as far as I'm aware.

On several occasions I've done this I've found standard availability open up later and since GPR are still free of cancellation feeds this is a good way to ensure getting the flights I want.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks guys.
Is there a particular class they book into?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Doesn't apply to CityFlyer though FYI!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Velocity Gold
I just made a SH booking that went into X class. 15k avios good value for a £260 ticket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.