FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What happens at 10,000 tier points? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1581853-what-happens-10-000-tier-points.html)

Aztec_Flyer Jun 1, 2014 12:43 pm

What happens at 10,000 tier points?

Hi,

A quick question for the BA experts.

On the GGL webpage it states:

"Unlock even more rewards as your Tier Points increase

As you continue to fly with us, the annual Tier Points you earn unlock more rewards for you to enjoy. At 7,000, 8,000 and 9,000 Tier Points, you can choose one of the following:
•treat yourself and a guest to a cabin upgrade with an Upgrade Voucher for two
•choose another Gold Guest List Redemption for you and four companions
•enjoy an incredible 50,000 bonus Avios"

Are the same options available at 10k , 11k etc.?

Thanks.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 1, 2014 12:45 pm

9k is it (and a relatively new introduction too, it used to stop at 6k). So apart from lifetime status potential, it's a case of feel the luv'.

waspsl Jun 1, 2014 12:48 pm

No idea but imagine you would struggle to use whatever the reward is ;)

MPH1980 Jun 1, 2014 12:52 pm

If someone flies enough to earn 10,000 tps ... Do they really want rewards that encourage them back onto ANOTHER plane?

I'd have thought ba would be better off offering ground based rewards like hotel upgrades, wine cases or restaurant vouchers ...

Aztec_Flyer Jun 1, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. You seem to be the BA guru CWS! ^

I'm relatively new back to BA since November (ish) after a break of probably 10 years and give or take the odd trip on EK most of my travel is now with BA - hence the TPs.

Given I didn't have any Avios to begin with and that I have a family that like to travel with me where possible it's very easy to burn through the Avios, upgrades and GGL redemptions no matter how many you earn!

corporate-wage-slave Jun 1, 2014 1:02 pm

In which case, make sure your email address is up to date.

That nice Mr. Hillier will send you a missive after clocking each of the three 7k+ barriers, offering you the selection of redemption bounty, but he would like an answer within 2 months as to which reward you would like. Use it or lose it.

LondonElite Jun 1, 2014 1:06 pm

In my case, at 10,000 TPs, divorce papers would be in my future :D

Aztec_Flyer Jun 1, 2014 1:13 pm

Funnily, even though I'll end up with over 10k Tier points in nine months (my year end is Aug) I don't really have that many Avios and was looking at the other thread for people with >1m Avios and thinking they must be flying a lot more than me!

I guess it's all down to how we choose to spend them and our very individual travel patterns.

It has been quite interesting going from Blue to 10k TPs in nine months though. When you fly LH so frequently it's amazing how very small things (positive or negative) become so noticeable when they differ from the "norm".

agehall Jun 1, 2014 1:17 pm

At 10k TP your status resets and you are forever condemned to be a BAEC Bronze member!

c1223 Jun 1, 2014 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by MPH1980 (Post 22960610)
If someone flies enough to earn 10,000 tps ... Do they really want rewards that encourage them back onto ANOTHER plane?

I'd have thought ba would be better off offering ground based rewards like hotel upgrades, wine cases or restaurant vouchers ...

You'll find that the benefits will often be used for pleasure flights (e.g. jokers for a family of 6). At least that's how I've always gone on holiday. I find it quite hard to make up my mind so I relieve my dad of a joker every once in a while. Luckily, he seems to have an endless supply of them.

orbitmic Jun 1, 2014 2:40 pm

At 50,000 TP in one year, they name the CCR after you. Quite easy to achieve too, not even a daily F flight.

GadgetGal Jun 1, 2014 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 22961078)
At 50,000 TP in one year, they name the CCR after you.

At 60,000 you get Pucci Galore to be your personal attendant in a free return trip in F.

Final 3 Greens Jun 1, 2014 3:01 pm

At 10k points, the BA sales team go out for lunch on your account :D

More Champagne Sir? Jun 1, 2014 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Final 3 Greens (Post 22961155)
At 10k points, the BA sales team go out for lunch on your account :D

Less than that... ;):cool: ^

PETER01 Jun 1, 2014 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer (Post 22960621)
You seem to be the BA guru CWS! ^

In general terms I would sort of agree with that however, until he fits in a few long haul WT and WT+ flights (he did promise he would try them;)) then I'd say he is a BA Expert but not quite a BA Guru......yet......:D

;);)