Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Adds Burger to First Class In-Flight Menu, First and Concorde Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Adds Burger to First Class In-Flight Menu, First and Concorde Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Whilst many others like it

Beer criticism is the most ridiculous thing in the world, peoples tastes are so different you're never going to please everyone

I find Heineken to be more than pleasant
Absolutely agree with that one. For the world of mass produced lager, it is all of a muchness and I very much doubt many could differentiate one lager of a similar style from another. This market is more about marketing, image and the perceptions and self-perceptions of the drinker.

I remember once when working in a pub years ago, one of the bar staff put the wrong barrel on a beer pump. There were many in that pub who swore that they would only drink one particular brand of lager and that the rest were rubbish, particularly the one put on by mistake. Everyone of them drank this supposed rubbish lager, in place of their normal beer. Not one noticed or complained. The bar staff only realised the mistake when the barrel ran out and needed changing!
Old May 31, 2014, 9:34 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by layz

Tastes awful because you don't like Heineken in the first place or just that draught stuff was particularly bad? It could have been beer past its best or the lines not cleaned properly.
The draught stuff tasted awful. I don't mind Heineken. I actually don't mind any beer at all. I've drank all sorts.

But something wasn't right with the mini keg. I actually saw most people take a wee taste and screw their faces up.

I actually only thought the kegs were there for the champions league last weekend. I didn't know they were going to be a permanent feature.
Old May 31, 2014, 9:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rxfleming
I actually only thought the kegs were there for the champions league last weekend. I didn't know they were going to be a permanent feature.
It seems to be a summer thing, there was a pour your own pump in Flounge a year ago, and I must admit I didn't notice when it vanished one day. I don't think that one got to T3 either.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it true that Heineken would send successive undercover staff to bars who didn't sell Heineken and ask for this delicious lager? Repeated until with all this apparent "demand" the bar owner decided to start selling it?
Old May 31, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
So how exactly did we move from a burger thread to a beer thread?
Old May 31, 2014, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
We got thirsty!
Old May 31, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LondonElite
We got thirsty!
Fair enough with that dry burger!
Old May 31, 2014, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
That was the point! BA take note...

Now back to my BBQ with fantastic homemade think and pink hamburgers...
Old May 31, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
So how exactly did we move from a burger thread to a beer thread?
Bitburger!

Originally Posted by LondonElite
So you didn't bother with the noodles and Tsingtao...
Not enough time. I had to inspect for rogue Heineken pumps, check the burger (see OT) for number of chips (8) - note menu says double cooked and a few glasses of Taittinger.

What was funny was with the enhanced champagne glasses I'd ended up getting to me seat and realised I'd finished and ended up walking back to the bar before even sitting down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.