Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Adds Burger to First Class In-Flight Menu, First and Concorde Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Adds Burger to First Class In-Flight Menu, First and Concorde Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by george 3
Oh yeah, there's lots of cold lager as well.
The new Heineken tap behind the champagne bar nearly floored me the other week. There goes another wasted (hic!) opportunity to introduce nice beers to the lounge.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by passy777
Certainly here in the UK, there is no 'health & safety' legislation that stipulates how to cook meat.

The The Food Safety Act provides the framework for food legislation here in the UK - the Health & Safety at Work act provides the foundations for UK health safety legislation.

Misinterpretation of legislation and fear of litigation are the drivers of the majority of the stupid H&S stories that appear with monotonous regularity in the UK media.
I don't give a damn about the tabloids.

During my time at university in the UK (08-12), I was constantly involved with organisations over the years that served food at some point or another. These included food served in halls, group sponsored spring barbecues, other catered events, and banquets. I felt as if I had to fight this nonsense for years.

At every turn, H&S considerations presented major hurdles to provide even an adequate experience let alone a good one. I watched officialdom turn into old biddies as they adhered to (or imposed?) guidelines that seemed by design to drive up costs, degrade taste, and/or deter. Example: sandwiches served must be eaten or thrown out after being displayed/kept at room temperature for 45 minutes. That was a personal favourite. I could keep going, but I have an estate agent coming.

In parting...

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The new Heineken tap behind the champagne bar nearly floored me the other week. There goes another wasted (hic!) opportunity to introduce nice beers to the lounge.
I remember hearing the reason why, but I despise the ubiquity of Heineken* in flying. I can't imagine why BA would use this as the tap beer. It's not like Britain has a speciality ale/beer market that would absolutely love the exposure/the business. Oh wait...

My dear mother once warned me (around age 17) that Heineken was awful. At 20, I eventually got around to trying it. I telephoned the next morning and told her he was right. Mommy always knows best.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:35 am

I don't want a burger that's still anywhere near pink in the middle, I want it properly cooked all the way through. Which goes to demonstrate that there is a wide variety of taste in the people who use the lounges and the foodies who try and impose undercooked meat on the rest of the world are welcome to poison themselves, but don't force the red stuff onto me! (rant over! )

One of the best burgers and chips servings I have ever had was in the CCR, I had not had anything to eat all day which may have skewed my appreciation at that moment.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Aloxford
I don't want a burger that's still anywhere near pink in the middle, I want it properly cooked all the way through. Which goes to demonstrate that there is a wide variety of taste in the people who use the lounges and the foodies who try and impose undercooked meat on the rest of the world are welcome to poison themselves, but don't force the red stuff onto me! (rant over! )
I have no interest in imposing anything on anyone. I personally think that, for what they charge for F, they should be able to offer the burger at any temp in the range.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'm not in T5 for a while and this happens! No such thing in T3 yet. Sounds a weird place to put it.

I hope the Heineken wasn't a result of me leaving feedback on the lounge iPad saying they could improve their offering for beer drinkers.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Amelorn
I don't give a damn about the tabloids.

During my time at university in the UK (08-12), I was constantly involved with organisations over the years that served food at some point or another. These included food served in halls, group sponsored spring barbecues, other catered events, and banquets. I felt as if I had to fight this nonsense for years.

At every turn, H&S considerations presented major hurdles to provide even an adequate experience let alone a good one. I watched officialdom turn into old biddies as they adhered to (or imposed?) guidelines that seemed by design to drive up costs, degrade taste, and/or deter. Example: sandwiches served must be eaten or thrown out after being displayed/kept at room temperature for 45 minutes. That was a personal favourite. I could keep going, but I have an estate agent coming.
I think you have missed the point of my post.

I will reiterate.

There is no health and safety legislation that states that sandwiches must be thrown out after a certain period or anything food related for that matter.

Your post highlights how health and safety 'officialdom' gets blamed for everything when the reality is (as you have clearly proven) misinterpration of legislation.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by layz
I'm not in T5 for a while and this happens! No such thing in T3 yet. Sounds a weird place to put it.

I hope the Heineken wasn't a result of me leaving feedback on the lounge iPad saying they could improve their offering for beer drinkers.
It's in such a strange place, next to the white wine buckets (left side). It's some weird afterthought that just makes you shake your head.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Come on this is BA never let quality stand in the way of picking the cheapest option
Old May 30, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Come on this is BA never let quality stand in the way of picking the cheapest option
Old May 30, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We've listened to our customers who have said that they'd appreciate their lager in regular sized cans:
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=250035553
Old May 30, 2014, 1:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
If the burgers are anything like the one I just tried in the GF I don't think I will get too excited - it had a really funny taste and I got 4 chips - they must be rationed!!!

Regards

aks120
Old May 31, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
You mean like not paying for F?
Old May 31, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Considering the BA burger has been around a lot longer than many of those who complain about it would seem to suggest in the real world it attracts much less negative feedback than you see on here.

If you're a burger connoisseur do us all a favour and choose something else.
As a burger connoisseur, I did exactly that, ordered the burger on my first ever visit to the CCR, never gone near it again.

I'll give the one on board a go assuming they have it on my flight to BOS in June though, even if its as bad as the CCR one, it will still be much better than the grilled chicken sandwich I had off the Bistro menu on my last flight, it was like one of those Iceland microwave type things.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should BA adopt a version of this livery so people know there's burgers on-board:
Old May 31, 2014, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by layz
Should BA adopt a version of this livery so people know there's burgers on-board:
scary!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.