Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
PS: flying home from CPH on Sunday where there are 11 rows of Club Europe. Will be interesting. Have never been on a flight like that!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Had my 2nd or 3rd gold greeting ever on BA SIN-LHR in CW the other day, quite a perfunctory 'welcome back, now onto next on the list' (which if it must be given out is actually how I like it). I must say though, in a CW cabin full of business travellers, me, unshaven, baggy shorts and tshirt and hair sticking up after 2 months backpacking around asia, I definitely stood out. Nice polished crew slick service while able to have a bit of a laugh.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Got bronze greeting on BA0173 on 30 Mar... I was in first though "I have a message from the executive club congratulation for achieving bronze"... Me... "You have to start somewhere"
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
A greeting or acknowledgement has been pretty consistent for me over the last 6 months - in long haul anyway. I can only think of one or two long haul flights where nothing has been said. Interestingly, this has always been in Club World. As far as I can remember, I've had a 100% hit rate in Economy and Premium Economy for at least the last couple of years (and I've flown a large number of flights in these cabins). On short haul, it's much more hit and miss, but when it comes it is usually accompanied by a glass of champagne or a cup of coffee ^
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:42 pm

LHR -> DEL two weeks ago in WT, no greeting. Heading back today, so we’ll see. Don’t care about the greeting itself, but a little drink might be nice!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:08 pm

On the upside - got my first ever upgrade on board, from WT to CW.

CSD came by, and I thought it would just be the greeting. But then he said a customer had been deboarded (if I heard right), and would I like the seat.

Sadly only one seat, and travelling with partner. After much cajoling, got him to take it as I get to go CW with work, and we never travel business for holidays.

TPRun likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
Finally - four months and many flights after going Gold - got the treatment today flying in the back on a full flight LHR-BOS. Quick greeting from CSL and a question: "Why aren't you in the front?" - "Not when I'm paying for myself!" followed by an offer of champagne which arrived shortly after take off. Very welcome and all sensitively done.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Travelling Inspector
Finally - four months and many flights after going Gold - got the treatment today flying in the back on a full flight LHR-BOS. Quick greeting from CSL and a question: "Why aren't you in the front?" - "Not when I'm paying for myself!" followed by an offer of champagne which arrived shortly after take off. Very welcome and all sensitively done.
“Why aren’t you in the front?”

Surely the only acceptable response should be “Follow me sir... we kept an F (or J) seat specially for you!”
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
A little awkward on yesterday's TATL: CSD (?) bonces back to row 13 with a well rehersed greeting ready. Sees me and another (not my other) and launches the full greeting for both of us: each looking at each rather embarassingly (i'm pretty certain my neighbour wasn't Gold - no other greetings in WTP).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Had my first, and hard to beat gold greeting on the 26 March, on BA238, the day flight from BOS to LHR. This was in Y, and to be fair the cabin was about 1/3 full, but the CSM/D(?) was great, and very kindly acceded to my request to get some real coffee from the front. The whole crew working that flight was the best I've ever had in Y, and I sent a thank you note on the website.
MajorVoid likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Quite amusing today, saw a greeting been given a few rows in front of me, iPad out and everything, saw her approaching me checking the iPad, got looked at, braced myself, to have her walk past me and greet someone a couple of rows behind me.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
markzz2 is a fantastic colleague and very supportive of CSDs, delivering these messages is equally painful and enjoyable and on some routes impossible.
our_kid and markzz2 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
WTP from LHR-TLV last week got a personal hello from the CS(M/D) and asked if I wanted anything. Sadly the rest of the flight was very poor, the crew was very slow serving, took nearly 2.5 hours for drinks service to start.

On the way back I was in CW and CS(M/D) came over and had a good chat for 3-4 minutes, she went round and did the same with 7-8 other passengers in the CW cabin. Probably one of the best CW crews I've had (this is only my ~5th CW flight, however), very polished and smooth.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I really don't remember the last time I received a GCH greeting on board, despite flying F twice a month and CE about twice a month.

On my most recent trip in F I was waiting for one of the two toilets to become free towards the end of the flight. I had positioned myself in a way that I could watch both doors, and get to the first one to become free. A witch like character was sitting at a desk near the cockpit, and asked me if I was OK. I replied that I was just waiting for the loo to become free. So she went back to her paperwork. On returning to my seat the FA who had been serving me for most of the flight asked if there was anything I wanted. I said that I was fine, but that the CSM had not even looked at me the whole trip. She obviously went over to her boss and told her that 2K was a little peeved, because a minute later the CSM appeared, in a grovelling manner, and apologised for not speaking to me the whole flight. She had her cabin printout, where I could see that I was not the only "97" there, but there were 2 others. Maybe she was too busy with them. Nevertheless, I reminded her that it was company policy to greet GCHs and that there were not too many 97s on board .... I think that after the nudge from the FA she was terrified that I would send BA a negative report about her. Afterwards, the FA told me quietly that the CSM was new on the job, and that the crew themselves were not very impressed with her performance ....
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:31 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mikebg
I really don't remember the last time I received a GCH greeting on board, despite flying F twice a month and CE about twice a month.

On my most recent trip in F I was waiting for one of the two toilets to become free towards the end of the flight. I had positioned myself in a way that I could watch both doors, and get to the first one to become free. A witch like character was sitting at a desk near the cockpit, and asked me if I was OK. I replied that I was just waiting for the loo to become free. So she went back to her paperwork. On returning to my seat the FA who had been serving me for most of the flight asked if there was anything I wanted. I said that I was fine, but that the CSM had not even looked at me the whole trip. She obviously went over to her boss and told her that 2K was a little peeved, because a minute later the CSM appeared, in a grovelling manner, and apologised for not speaking to me the whole flight. She had her cabin printout, where I could see that I was not the only "97" there, but there were 2 others. Maybe she was too busy with them. Nevertheless, I reminded her that it was company policy to greet GCHs and that there were not too many 97s on board .... I think that after the nudge from the FA she was terrified that I would send BA a negative report about her. Afterwards, the FA told me quietly that the CSM was new on the job, and that the crew themselves were not very impressed with her performance ....
Are you being serious?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.