Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold and Honors Gold
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Haha that's funny, yep I must've been behind you too if you two guys were in the exit row. I didn't get the money part (I'm hard of hearing) but that explains her reaction. Very strange.
Haha, we were indeed in the exitrow. He even told my partner ‘I have difficulties in pronouncing African names’ It’s a Dutch name. We could laugh about it. Waiting in the lounge for our flight back home to AMS now.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

[Summary of BA cabin crew roles and structures]
And then there's BA CityFlyer, where things are nice and simple:

1 x (main) Cabin Crew, wearing a red tie or cravat
1 x CSM, in charge of the cabin and wearing a silver tie or cravat

Like Mixed Fleet, women must wear hats but unlike Mixed Fleet can wear their cravat using the cravat ring if they prefer.

You might also see an Inflight Business Manager, either operating as CSM or performing a line assessment on a CSM. IBMs line manage CSMs and main crew. Another title you might see on a name badge is Training Executive - when not carrying out training they operate as CSMs. In both instances they will be wearing the silver tie/cravat.

Both crew members on board have iPads so can deliver any messages that pop up. But Gold member personal greetings are simply not a "thing" because on some flights there are so many that there just wouldn't be time to do anything else, and would probably have the opposite effect of making Golds feel special.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by zappomatic
And then there's BA CityFlyer, where things are nice and simple:

1 x (main) Cabin Crew, wearing a red tie or cravat
1 x CSM, in charge of the cabin and wearing a silver tie or cravat
May I please use this as a chance to ask this question: Is there a reason behind the (apparent) CJ policy that main cabin crew are known only by first name, whereas the CSM's surname is given as well?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by Globaliser
May I please use this as a chance to ask this question: Is there a reason behind the (apparent) CJ policy that main cabin crew are known only by first name, whereas the CSM's surname is given as well?
I don't know the rationale behind this, but I think all crew having their surname on their badge is a Mixed Fleet thing (I could be wrong).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Cabin Crew can have either first name or both first and last name on name badges. It's a requirement that CSM's have both first name and last name.
Globaliser, PETER01 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I seem to get greetings on most of my flights much to the amusement of the family. On a recent solo trip to Vancouver in WTP I had a rather poor greeting on the way out where the CSM referred to me by the name of the person in the seat next to me three times even though (a) she'd already greeted him and (b) he pointed out her error each time. Having got as far as "Hello Mr xxxxx" three times she then gave up and wandered off. On the way back it was a polite and genuine welcome back well executed by the CSM and an offer of a glass of champagne which I politely declined (yep I know I'm in a tiny subset of FT'ers who doesn't care for champers).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Saturday BA 217 LHR to IAD. Was booked in WTP and OpUp to Club. Really good greeting by the CSM, felt quite sincere. Me just happy to be in 747 upper deck.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I had one on a MAN-LHR a couple of days ago. First time ever on that route outside of CE.
Booked late and shifted myself from ET row 5 to the windowless, twin seat row 25 (wanted to see what the back looked like and was hoping it would be more prone to turbulence back there).
Whilst on the ground, was approached, welcomed and it was mentioned that they had tried to greet me at the front but missed me. Was asked if I wanted to sit up front and offers were made a couple of times for drinks.
Nothing on the return.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Nice greeting on 2240 BA230 IAD-LHR last night - apologised for taking so long (it's a long way back to row 36!) - 'usual' asking if anything was needed (I'm always too embarrassed to say!).
CaroFos likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I had one on a MAN-LHR a couple of days ago. First time ever on that route outside of CE.
Booked late and shifted myself from ET row 5 to the windowless, twin seat row 25 (wanted to see what the back looked like and was hoping it would be more prone to turbulence back there).
Whilst on the ground, was approached, welcomed and it was mentioned that they had tried to greet me at the front but missed me. Was asked if I wanted to sit up front and offers were made a couple of times for drinks.
Nothing on the return.
i had one on MAN - LHR in ET on Monday this week, complete with bottle of water and offer of coffee when airborne. Lightly loaded and only 4 rows of CE probably made it easier but the CSM just seemed positive and engaged from the start which I think makes a big difference.
CaroFos and SirToby like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:37 pm

Something seems to have changed recently - never had any greetings for a long time, but have had one on all of my last 8 or so flights (all within Europe)!

They always shake hands, introduce myself and ask if there is anything they can do for me... I've never had the cheek to ask, but would say a bottle of water from the BOB be acceptable? Or maybe some coffee/tea?
bil likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Indeed, after many, many flights with no recognition, I've had 4 greetings on my last 3 flights (!). Today's greeting was a warm welcome on achieving gold for the first time - I thanked him, adding that it was actually a renewal... (another long trek back to 51H).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I've definitely witnessed a lot more recently too, even with my smaller flying pattern. I managed to grab 1A the other week to BSL and got one anyway (with iPad though, so it probably had a note that I was only Silver...)
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Just got a greeting in ET to Milan. The CSM came a long just after belts off, she said there was a message to congratulate me on another year of gold and gave me a mini bottle of champagne which was a nice surprise!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:43 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
A CSM took to the intercom to deliver the gold greeting rather than in person on a short haul A320 flight this afternoon. Unusual he admitted and wasn't his usual preferred method. But he had some 49 GCH and GGLs on the flight. This, as some may have guessed, was the GIB-LHR flight following the memorable FT Do weekend in GIB. He received a nice cheer from the FTers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.