Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Last week on the 07.10 LHR-MAN, the CSM popped down to me in ET before takeoff, quick, genuine handshake and "just ask if you need anything". He didn't greet anyone else in the cabin and it was perfectly done - no fanfare but just a genuine greeting and offer. As is usually the case, I slept for the whole 35-min flight
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
On BA12, SIN-LHR I got a nice personal greeting from the 'Cabin Service Leader', which wasn't a title I'm aware of? Perhaps she was the CSM?

She introduced herself by name, welcomed me on board, asked me if there was anything I needed, and mentioned "I know you fly with us a lot". Was warm, genuine and shook my hand.

As it was club-world, I got a Significant Look from the person facing me in the ying-yang seating. That's the awkward part of these things!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
CSLs are WW crew who were formerly known as Pursers.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Can I help you
CSLs are WW crew who were formerly known as Pursers.
This makes me laugh so much.

Only in BA would you get so many different ‘titles’ amongst a set of cabin crew. I can’t understand why there isn’t just ‘the cabin crew’ and a ‘senior crew member.’ All this director, manager, leader etc etc it’s the biggest pile of bollocks I’ve ever heard in my entire life. No disrespect to these people, but I think the titles are competely ridiculous and will always inevitably lead to the clearly over-inflated egos that you see amongst many BA crew.

The only staff on the aeroplane who, in my opinion, deserve a title of any sort are the two/three/four highly skilled and qualified people sat at the nose of the aeroplane who do their best to ensure that I arrive safely at my destination.

All I ask of the cabin crew on my flights is to serve my food hot, my wine cold, not to bake me in the middle of the night and ensure that I’m being well looked after, which is primarily their job.

Might come across as a bit harsh, but it’s reality.
nivsy and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA
Most likely a 'Worldclass' crew member (ASCCM, second in charge)

Last edited by BABenchley; Feb 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by BABenchley
Most likely a 'Worldclass' crew member (ASCCM, second in charge)
oh bloody hell, I missed that one as well, ‘World class!’ I’ve heard crew talking about the fact they’re in charge. Amazing that BA don’t stamp down on this. Surely on an aeroplane there is a chain of command and only one person is in charge and it most definitely is not the purser! Lol.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by highexpectations

Only in BA would you get so many different ‘titles’ amongst a set of cabin crew. I can’t understand why there isn’t just ‘the cabin crew’ and a ‘senior crew member.’ All this director, manager, leader etc etc it’s the biggest pile of bollocks I’ve ever heard in my entire life. No disrespect to these people, but I think the titles are competely ridiculous and will always inevitably lead to the clearly over-inflated egos that you see amongst many BA crew.

The only staff on the aeroplane who, in my opinion, deserve a title of any sort are the two/three/four highly skilled and qualified people sat at the nose of the aeroplane who do their best to ensure that I arrive safely at my destination.

All I ask of the cabin crew on my flights is to serve my food hot, my wine cold, not to bake me in the middle of the night and ensure that I’m being well looked after, which is primarily their job.

Well wait till you get onboard SQ - four different shades of uniforms to make sure the hierarchy is undoubtedly distinguished!
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The thing about CC is that whilst everything is running smoothly they are seen as flying waiters and waitresses. Which of course, to a degree is true. But their skill and real worth to the passenger comes when things go seriously wrong... then you will be thankful that they are also well-trained and skilled. What most passengers forget is that the primary function of CC is the safety and well-being of the passengers and we should not play down their importance or skills in that.

Titles are useful in differentiating skill levels and experience. I am glad they exist.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold

Isn't that a Brittish thing? Only in the UK have I heard about nail technicians and senior hair consultants... ☺
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Last week got greeted travelling ET from LGW to Faro. Very impressed. Was offered a champagne from CE, but remembering the monopoo, demurred in favour of another G&T.
Please explain monopoo.. i feel like i have missed something.
alex67500 and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Please explain monopoo.. i feel like i have missed something.
Its what you have before half a box of Rennie..

fuller answer Monopole was Ba's champagne of choice until recently.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

(...)

That's a typical penny-pinching management technique. Give someone a title and a sense that they're climbing the ladder instead of giving them a raise. But really they're only given the same step on a ladder that grows downward...

In the nose? Except on a 747, right? I'm flying 2A (and hoping to snipe 1A) to LAS in a couple of weeks, I would hate to think that someone expects me to fly the Queen whilst sipping on LPGS
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
QUOTE=carrotjuice;30799195]

Well wait till you get onboard SQ - four different shades of uniforms to make sure the hierarchy is undoubtedly distinguished!
[/QUOTE]

Don't we luv the suites in their a380, too

I pretty much got my first gold greeting today.. Not on the plane.. But entering the Concorde room with an F ticket.. Oh. Wait.. I have a very important message for you.. Haha.. Oh. Thank you for being GGL .
That is indeed funny... Everyone extremely nice here today anyways.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
LHR-BUD, three of us all gold in row 1, I think pretty fully flight. CSM came over to say hi and little chat after our meal.

BUD-LHR in row 8 ET, completely packed flight. CSM came over after BoB carrying three glasses glasses of champagne and only really had time to say hi and thank you. Our 8 yr old didn't really fancy champagne in the morning so missus had his and CSM dashed back to get some juice instead. Was really nice of them.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: Confirmed
I was a BA Gold years ago. CX did it once in an all-economy A320 SYX-HKG. They provide zero service onboard. After boarding completion the CSD greeted me and handed me a bottle of water. Some other passenger saw it and asked for another bottle and she replied with a simple "no." Awkward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.