Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Thank you for flying with us Sir Toby from us @ Flyertalk . There you go you've had one more greeting than I have on BA ( I have only one in over 10 years)
John
SirToby likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Thanks for the warm welcome
Reading on here for quite some time, just hadn't registered yet.
Great source of info around here!

It is indeed not the most important thing to be greeted while being on a flight.
However - as some other noted - it can be a nice touch if done without sounding too scripted.
And to be honest a water bottle or even a glass of bubbly would surely be appreciated (although not expected).
It just seems that other airlines have a bit more consistency with that (e.g. CX).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:29 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
As Gold, never had a greeting on BA.

Had one, sometimes two (and a bottle of water) on all four CX sectors last week in Y, and an upgrade on one or them. The one flight I was asleep before takeoff, they made sure they did the greeting mid flight when I woke up.

Always a little awkward, no idea why anyone would actually be upset about not getting this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by PxC
Always a little awkward, no idea why anyone would actually be upset about not getting this.
+1 there's nowt so queer as flyertalk folk : )
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Since the 100 ad, have received personal greeting in ET, bottle of water and drinks from CE. Friday and today. GGL here. No other greetings for other passengers.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BAEC
Since the 100 ad, have received personal greeting in ET, bottle of water and drinks from CE. Friday and today. GGL here. No other greetings for other passengers.
Hmmm... coincidence or policy change I wonder??
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

Hmmm... coincidence or policy change I wonder??
Both greetings were before takeoff. Will report back on Friday if it happens third time in a row
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I had my first one for a long time yesterday on the BA 209 to Miami - Lovely Cabin Services Manager came upstairs and spoke to me for around 10mins... No IPad in sight and very friendly conversation... Just the way it should be done!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:37 am

BUD-LHR: CSM tapped me on the shoulder as I was fiddling with my headphones and a bottle of water. Apologized for disturbing me (she wasn't really) and welcomed me back.
LHR-BUD: About 3/4 of the way through the flight, a very friendly CSM welcomes me back and asks if he can get me anything. And then with a cheeky smile, whispers "champagne". I didn't partake, but the thought was appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
I think I’ve had two “Gold greetings” recently, although neither one specifically used the word “Gold”. (And, to be honest, that’s probably best, as it makes the whole thing feel much more natural and genuine.)

The first was on BA 294 (ORD-LHR). The CSD came by with an iPad and went from seat to seat. He welcomed me back, asked if I needed anything and told me to find him if I needed anything. (Interestingly, he looked at his iPad and did his next greeting to my seat mate, who had told me he was an AA EXP (OWE), but flew very little with BA.)

The second was while boarding BA 67 (LHR-PHL). At the door, the CSD looked at my boarding pass and very enthusiastically said something like, “Welcome back, Mr. Possibilities! I’ve got two lovely ladies to look after you upstairs. I’m sure they’ll take good care of you, but feel free to let me know if you need anything.” This was probably one of the most genuine-feeling greetings I’ve received on an aircraft.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Four CE flights this week and four personal greetings, a record for me!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It's getting more and more frequent for me now, especially in Club Europe. I had it in Y on a ZAG return before Xmas, but got it with both barrels in Club from Athens in Jan. The CSM was on his knees next to me outbound to GOT in 1D last week, and on the return the CSM came over to introduce herself at the remote stand. Stood making small talk to me for 5-10 mins whilst we waited for the stragglers. A pleasant goodbye by name when I left the aircraft at LHR.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
The CSM was on his knees next to me outbound to GOT in 1D last week,
That sounds like a spectacular way to great a member!
alex67500, Oaxaca, 86BA7 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Old people don’t seem to get this sort of attention.

Oh, well, I really don’t care, but it would be nice occasionally. Two BA sectors coming up on Tuesday (1 short, 1 very long) ... I wonder if we will be favoured on the UD?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Had one last week in ET, for the first time after ~6mo as Gold. Very professional, greeted by name, no iPad. Feel good factor for minimal effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.