Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Had a greeting in ET last week outbound from LGW (nothing on the way back) but not sure it really worked. He came down the aisle, with a scrap of paper clipped to a tray, looking for seat numbers and then said 'Everything alright Mr VP?' It could have been a bit messy, as above, if we had swapped seats and it seemed out of place.

An offer of a coffee would have been nice, and if they want to get even cleverer they could have worked out that we were booked and checked in as a couple and could have greeted us both I suppose. Not sure how they could do it any better though unless we all wear gold hats or something. Maybe a better greeting at the gate or as you board but they don't seem to check BPs anymore at the door.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
......... It could have been a bit messy, as above, if we had swapped seats and it seemed out of place.
Well I had in fact changed seats last week due to no window in row 14 on the 767. But I had asked the CC where they were happy for me to sit, not wanting to make a mess of the WnB calcs (and the answer was one row forward in 13A). And they managed to find me to check all ok (and the CC member who checked his iPad and changed my seat wasn't the CSD who did the greeting)

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
.........Not sure how they could do it any better though unless we all wear gold hats or something. ............
Oooh, ooh. Yeah, I'll have a gold hat..... Or B.....
Old May 30, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
I tend to do a lot of longhaul travel and most often get a greeting, so my recent CE journeys were quite 'interesting'.

4 x CE flights in 2 weeks with only one greeting. Greeting was made on LHR-MAD 777 by CSM who MrsP and I previously spoke to on the transit out to T5C. Greeting was 'non-standard' beginning with "oh, I didn't realise you one of our Golds when we spoke on the transit....". Flight was 777 4 class with all cabins open, so nice to get a seat in F on this occasion. Return MAD-LHR was running late and packed (777 3 class) with all cabins open, so not surprised there was no greeting although when served with dinner the CC member had an iPad open on the trolley with names and status clearly visible; it seemed very odd to bother in knowing names but not using them (could have been for special meals??)

On LHR-CPH and return a week later there was no greeting on either flight; and on the return leg neither was there any engagement when being served by the CSM, very mechanical and impersonal. CSM 'talked over' pax to his assistant. It was odd as you felt like you weren't present. Completely ignoring somebody shows pretty poor respect for a fellow human and a basic failing in somebody on a position of responsibility.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just paged by name at LAX by AA’s CK team to be told I was welcome to preboard ahead of Group 1. The lady told the BP checker that I was a BA VIP 😮😁 Am now sitting on the flight next to the guy who had been at the front of the Group 1 line for maybe 5 minutes before boarding started. Awkward silence 😁
wanderingjock and benjai like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Funny but nice coincedent:
I had turned GGL in May and afterwards had a return flight CW to the states. the usual very warm but not personal greetings on the upper deck.
now I had a flight TXL LHR and entered the airbus last - with the purser sitting on my seat standing up at my approach OH you must be Mr Pridat, a very warm welcome to Gold Guest List... and so on. - :-)

The most surprising welcome was in March boarding a MH plane in KUL. by entering I didnt have my boarding pass ready and just told the lady 7A. without any note her prompt answer was: of course Mr Pridat, welcome aboard to your right down this aisle!.. perfect
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
A bit of a mixed bag in the last month.

On my only two short haul got a greeting, the first was a sincere greeting no IPad and followed up by a decent conversation during the flight (both have worked on the same project years ago while in different companies). The second was a brief "welcome back Mr Diver Boy" but then she regularly checked on me during the flight always by name.

On my long haul out of four flights only received a greeting on the LHR-HKG, again no IPad a sincere greeting with some details about the flight, my connection and introducing me to the cabin crew that would be looking after me. Was interesting during a conversation later when he commented on the amount of travel I must do as the system had me listed as a GGLfL which is obviously a mistake I'm still years from GfL. The other three long haul crew did a good job and treated everyone exactly the same.

whereas on my flights on AY, QF, QR and CX I was greeted on everyone. I actually prefer to be ignored than have the insincere greetings you can get. When you get the crews that actually give a sincere greeting I find you tend to get an excellent flight.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SukiB
I work mainly in BRU, so I often take the earliest flight at 06:40 to arrive at the office at 9ish. This is the only time I would travel wearing a suit, and this is the only time I ever get any such greeting (but only in CE, not ET). As a BA Gold member in my civvies, I never get a second glance. I travel enough to know this is isn't a coincidence.

Any other travellers noticed this?
we should switch jobs. I work in London and travel multiple times a month back and forth from Brussels 😂
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I am beginning to wonder what is written on the iPad about me as in the last 6 months I have had it on every CE flight bar one. A few times there has been another Gold next to me (based on their bag tag) but they haven’t received a greeting. Before it was only about 50% of the time. I did wonder if it is due to my blog since I am known to BA but I would assume that there isn’t anything other than my Gold and CIV on the iPad. Perhaps CIHY knows the answer.

I will be doing the next few flights in ET so will be interesting to see whether that gets any greeting.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Something certainly seems to be broken in the BA iPad control computer, as I seem to be getting a welcome to joining the GGL on every single flight I take these days.

Irrespective of the fact I've been in it for years...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
now I had a flight TXL LHR and entered the airbus last - with the purser sitting on my seat standing up at my approach OH you must be Mr Pridat, a very warm welcome to Gold Guest List... and so on. - :-)
Was it a particularly cold day and the purser was warming up your seat for you? Wow that’s service!
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Ha ha well I requalified for GGL a couple of weeks ago and... nothing 😊 However there was a standard greeting from the CSM which was unexpected and nice. I have to say Finnair does it much better and more consistently, for BA customers!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:57 pm

Another oddity today... the app was saying “check-in unavailable - why?” for my outbound today and return tomorrow. No explanation as to why of course so I made sure I got to a checkin desk a bit earlier.

The checkin lady was slightly embarrassed to say that there was a message from the exec club on her screen that they wanted me to have.. we both agreed that was a bit odd, to block checkin so I could get a message.. so I asked what the message was and it was apparently a generic one about being a valued BAEC member.. we kind of looked at each other and had a good laugh about it, but it certainly wasn’t worth blocking online checkin for 😁😂
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Noticed a CC member (not a CSM/purser etc, she was junior) wonder past my seat (in WT, DXB-LHR) with a tray of glasses with bubbles inside and a piece of paper with seat numbers... didn't really think anything of it until she came back to me after she'd been in WTP and offered me a glass of champagne and said "welcome back".

I went up to thank her properly in the flight and we had quite a long chat about BA... she was really enthusiastic, and had just passed her 6 months with BA.
wanderingjock and FrogTastic like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Had an unexpected personal welcome on the BA9 to BKK in CW yesterday, despite very little travel on BA past 12 months and losing gold status by end of the month.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Jag pick up

No personal greeting on the jfk lhr in club tonight but excellent quick dinner service before everyone else to get the most sleep.
And then instead of the bus my first Jaguar pick up at the gangway in lhr. Brilliant
T8191, rapidex and Great_circle like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.