Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
A couple of segments on BA last month and I did not get any greetings in First but on a full flight in Club World. CSM stopped by at the end of my JFK-LHR service and thanked me for flying BA. ^
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA, SAS, UA, KLM
Gold recognition

Flying LHR-ARN CE last week, I was greeted by name and welcomed aboard. Just before service started I was approached again "as you are sitting in Row 9 I was wondering if you would like to make your meal choice in advance, so I can make sure one is kept aside for you?".
Which was nice. As was the meal.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by simons1
The worst time(s) are when the Purser came up and said "Hello Mr....er....(cue rustling of papers/iPad)."

Either do it properly or not at all.
I was coming back from NRT in J and the purser greeted me with the name of the chap sitting next to me and vice versa!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Gold member personal greeting

I've had that as well...the funny thing was he just launched into a long winded greeting when both of us tried to correct him.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Had a flight back from AMS in CE last week where I wasn't able to make eye contact even once with a member of staff to get a drink or food. To be fair, I was napping at the precise moment they were serving row 1 and it was a pretty fast and full flight, but no actual acknowledgement at all has to be a new record. Much better service on an Easyjet flight I had to take back from Venice also last week after moving my dates and the BA change fee was 4x the Easyjet cost.

I'm not really a fan of the increasing tendency not to say hello to people and check boarding passing on boarding. I thought it was originally a few LGW flights, but I can't remember a short haul for the last few months where boarding passes have been checked.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

I'm not really a fan of the increasing tendency not to say hello to people and check boarding passing on boarding. I thought it was originally a few LGW flights, but I can't remember a short haul for the last few months where boarding passes have been checked.
They previously only didn't check boarding passes on Domestic routes. Since about 2 or 3 months ago, they stopped this on all Europe flights too.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Finally happened to me that the Purser came over.

It was on a BA678 to IST this morning and he said he had a message from Exec Club for me. Showed me his iPad and read the message thanking me for the loyalty to BA and numbering the segments in CE/CW I did in past 3 months.

I have to admit it felt nice, like somebody cares(about the profits from my travels in J)...
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, S/T FF, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*, others
I find that I'm frequently greeted and thanked for being a Gold member, and it is nice and warm touch. As someone else noted, I am always greeted and thanked when flying on Cathay and usually given a first choice of menu options, which is a huge gesture that is genuinely appreciated. I love BA and the EC, despite the occasional frustrations that arise.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by levitron
Not Gold, but I'm about 10 TP away from Bronze. Was greeted by head purser by name and he also thanked me for flying a lot with them recently. This was a flight from LHR-DUB.

He had his iPad with him, so it must have notified him somehow.
As OWE/AA greeted ~29/35 times on AA, ~13/14 times on CX, ~19/21 on MH, ~7/8 on QF and ~1/9 on BA.

After building an account on BA, greeted 1 flight before Bronze by Purser, never since.

As a curiosity, my Bronze package arrived the day after BA web page said I was Gold. Maybe the Silver package is there for me tomorrow, a mere 10 days after getting Gold.

For people claiming recognition by ways of having dogs barking at them on trains, there propably are other fora, or indeed other sites suitable for making this known
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Had this today returning from AMS. Apparently I was the only gold on board. I have to say it was done in both a charming and convincing manner by the purser. Had the great benefit of impressing my non status mate, who was quite convinced I had set this up.....
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Closest personal greeting I've ever had on public transport was on the 08.29 train from Milngavie to Glasgow. The neighbours West Highland terrier recognised me getting on wagged its tail and gave a bark.
That was probably a far more sincere and heart-felt greeting than what BA provide!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by kipperman
Had this today returning from AMS. Apparently I was the only gold on board. I have to say it was done in both a charming and convincing manner by the purser. Had the great benefit of impressing my non status mate, who was quite convinced I had set this up.....
After two years of nothing at all, on *both* LHR-VIE and VIE-LHR today the CSMs stopped by before takeoff and had a great chat with me. They were very charming, discreet and genuine (not like the canned iPad statements I've heard). ^
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Happens every once in a while on BA, probably a little more frequently on CX. I've been Gold every year on BA for close to 15 years, I'd guess, as well as a 2MM miler on AA. Last year I did 4000 tier points. I don't think I was greeted more frequently though I did get a couple of upgrades to F. Just about to hit 1500 TPs this year and depending upon Asian travel, could hit a lot more.

The greeting is nice but I'd much prefer they ask me what they could do to make the service better for me than just shake my hand.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: GGLfL
I was welcomed into the Arrivals Lounge yesterday with a "congratulations of joining the Gold Guest List" message.

Not sure where that message came from, as I joined the GGL in May 2007.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Yesterday morning, flying from LHR to Oslo, the cabin manager (if that's the correct title for the one in charge in MF) came, Ipad in hand, and welcomed us on board etc. he then ignored the other pax in CE (9 rows) and disappeared behind the curtain. That hasn't happened to us in a long time. Crew were very good on the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.