Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Mozart0815 i can see you have Senator status with LX. Without being rude you need to adjust your expectations as a gold member with BA. Many things that are quite normal with LH group might not be with BA. Everytime i flew with LX i always asked for both starters and in all cases i did have them so far. With BA most of the times not even my first choice of meal is available.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I agree that it should be available but as it stands if we have a First cabin we have one machine onboard and a limited amount of coffee pods.
I hate it when crew offer things outside of BAs service standards as it causes all sorts of problems but especially when a customer is rightly refused the next time they are asked.
Yes, I get that, CIHY, didn’t realise it was just an F offering and that the equipment was limited. Maybe because there is a variety of teas available outside of F, it would seem logical that there were a variety of coffees too. Customers don’t think about what’s required to actually provide that choice, I suspect.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Hilton Honours, Hyatt
When I was Gold a few years ago I got the welcome now and again but not always - that really did not bother me.

What was a bonus was the CSD making sure I had what I needed for good flight
TGflyergirl likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Had a personal GCH greeting on Saturday en route to Chicago, travelling in J. First time in a long time, especially from LHR.

Was a nice touch.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:45 pm

I’m never normally fussed - seems to happen about a third of the time for me.

Latest flight is the one time I’d have liked it though, as was in a naff windowless seat by toilet in WTP LHR/KUL - maybe they could have arranged a nicer seat or maybe just a little bit of J food.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Am 2 for 2 now. Last night got welcomed at seat by CC. Welcomed me back by name and also asked me and 1C for first dinner choices to ensure we got our choice. When I went to toilet I noticed they had the phone out with colored list of cards. Only two gold. Really excellent service whole flight and had multiple refills.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: Meh
Had a very nice welcome from a friendly CSD leaving BOM on Sunday. First one on BA in a long time.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:13 pm

Welcomed by name today flying to LIN in CE - it didn't feel forced or awkward. About 50% of the cabin got a similar welcome.

Crew were fantastic today. Kept drinks topped up for everybody, meal service was quick but not rushed, and the flight arrived early!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Wednesday's LHR-BWI, had a 'welcome back' at the aircraft door, then a couple of additional (CW-style) G&Ts delivered to seat in WT+ (not just for me you understand - Mrs CKBA as well of course). Perfect... .
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
A lovely welcome onboard LHR-BSL in ET this morning as my first flight as a BAEC Gold. Was offered anything that I would like from the bar - only wanted a bottle of water though, which was given to me with a big smile and told to ask for anything else that I wanted throughout the flight.
alex67500 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Struggling to recall the last time I was ever ‘greeted’ when travelling s/h in ET cabin. Certainly no offers of a bottle of water gratis .... which means I always have to remember to bring some from the lounge. And just occasionally, I forget.

When in CE, I sometimes get addressed by name, and sometimes not.

Given that my membership is actually with BAEC, the contrast in being - unfailingly - addressed by name (once seated) by CC of other OW carriers is a little amusing / ironic, albeit very pleasant (even QF manage it on 90 min domestics). But then again I guess BA have worked out that I generally enjoy hanging out with their OW friends more than I do with the airline shown on my shiny card ......so I can’t really blame them for a lack of recognition or appreciation
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:20 pm

No welcome on LHR-KUL either direction. Crew in WT seemed extremely new and inexperienced, and really quite unfortunately cold. I get better service in Pret.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
On the A380 upstairs in the front J cabin I find it rare to see the CSD let alone get a hello. Flew back from JNB a couple of weeks back on a fairly empty flight , F was not full, Jk very welcoming on the PA but never saw him. I guess it’s not high on the list of priorities
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
LHR-JFK in Y on Thursday I seemed to be showered with Gold!

1) at check in I got a ‘I have a message on the computer telling me to thank you for qualifying for another year of Gold’
2) CSD came round before take of to say hello
3) Champagne delivered immediately after seat belt sign were extinguished
4) Hot towels provided before food

To be fair it was all done very low key and Mrs BerksFlyer also received champagne and a towel despite being blue.

The flight was not much more than 50% full in Y and W which probably made a difference to the CSDs ability to be visible.
TravelManBiz and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
DUS-LHR in Y on an A321 on Sunday.
The curtain was drawn at row 5 but not a single soul sat in Club (I've never seen that before actually and was surprised because I always assumed DUS hat quite a bit of premium transfer pax for the long hauls).

CSM came by right after takeoff (before the BoB trolley) with a lovely "welcome back Mr Edd, can I get you some Champagne from the bar"? Promptly delivered and topped up throughout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.