Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
I think the only time the CSD has introduced themselves was on an Upper Deck CW flight and I think that was only because the flight was quiet and there was a delay so he had time on his hands and he went around talking to everyone.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I have no idea what you are talking about.

And i don't think you do

You can't right a wonky proposition by putting up a smokescreen.
To be fair, (1) my observation wasn't "bizzare" nor a "thesis" (2) it wasn't a proposition either, it was an observation followed by a question (3) I indeed do know what I'm talking about; you can gain inference from stats; if I travel 20 times, half of the time in a suit, half of the time not, and I am treated consistently and noticeably differently, this is a fair observation.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by waspsl
TBH never noticed any correlation other than when I see a CSD/CSM looking red-faced and flustered running up/down the aisle the meet and greet does not happen

A bit like highlighted by Tobias I wear all kinds and no difference. I once on a very hot trip out of PHX had shorts/flip-flops/t-shirt and my suit jacket to save carrying it.
I would add that this is noticeable for me in CE and ET, never in CW or WT where things are generally very consistent regardless of attire.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by SukiB
I would add that this is noticeable for me in CE and ET, never in CW or WT where things are generally very consistent regardless of attire.
On domestics, I've had the crewmember talk to the wrong person, assuming the chap in 1D in the suit and tie is the GCH, and the chap in 1C in the ripped jeans is a stowaway who wouldn't even be allowed a blue card.

Only happened twice though.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:11 am

Thumbs down

I fly every week, sometimes more. The last time this happened was 2 to 3 years ago. Apart from the week before last, when I told the crew that I travel regularly. They suggested that I get an 'Executive Card'.

So much for the iPads...

Palmer

EDIT: Not sure how the thumbs down got there.

Last edited by Palmer; Jun 6, 2014 at 9:18 am Reason: Autocorrect
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia
Originally Posted by SukiB
Originally Posted by waspsl
TBH never noticed any correlation other than when I see a CSD/CSM looking red-faced and flustered running up/down the aisle the meet and greet does not happen

A bit like highlighted by Tobias I wear all kinds and no difference. I once on a very hot trip out of PHX had shorts/flip-flops/t-shirt and my suit jacket to save carrying it.
Fair point, don't fly alot in the EU so maybe different. I can see with a short 1 hour flight might be a bit hectic though.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Flew 2 legs yesterday at economy. RTM to LHR then connected LHR to Madrid. On both planes not even a Hello for me. No difference at service from my times as Blue member to now as Gold.
And no upgrades at both flights. There were still empty seats at businessclass
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Why should you get an upgrade if there are empty seats in business?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Last week got greeted travelling ET from LGW to Faro. Very impressed. Was offered a champagne from CE, but remembering the monopoo, demurred in favour of another G&T.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Flew 2 legs yesterday at economy. RTM to LHR then connected LHR to Madrid. On both planes not even a Hello for me. No difference at service from my times as Blue member to now as Gold.
Being Gold does not entitle you to an upgrade even with empty seats.

The best solution is to pay for the cabin you wish to travel in ^
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by irmster
Why should you get an upgrade if there are empty seats in business?
Especially a lowly insignificant gold
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
On my last LHR-DME, traveling in WT (or ET as it now seems to be called, even on the 767) I received a personal greeting from two different CC, in close succession--so proximate that two other CC were standing within earshot for both greetings. It was apparent that I was t be greeted, but apparently the senior CC mixed-up who was to be doing the greeting. We all ended up getting a good laugh out of it, and speculating that, from the greetings, one might conclude that I was some VVIP slumming it in economy. It was apparent, however, that the personal greeting was on the pre-departure task list.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Having never been greeted by name on BA in any cabin at any point in the last few years, I've done BRU, CPH, TXL and AMS recently in a mix of ET and CE and have been greeted on all of them except todays' AMS-LCY. Does generate some strange looks from people - most notably Mrs Lem...
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum etc etc
Fourteen segments since becoming a Gold Card holder.

Ten times not acknowledged atall.

Explicitly acknowledged twice (one in ET after the CC saw my boarding pass and I got the official greeting to a strange look or two; one in WTP when half way through the flight someone came by and checked everything was okay)

One op-up ET to CE, assuming that related to being a GCH!

One implicit acknowledgement in ET. The CC never said 'Gold Card' but I seemed to get better service than normal.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:29 pm

I doing think BA are any different to other carriers in this area. Very hit and miss.

The best time was when the Purser came up and was spontaneous, said "Hello Mr x, good to see you again. I can see you are connecting on to Cairo today so it's clearly a long trip. Thanks for your business, if there is anything you need etc etc".

The worst time(s) are when the Purser came up and said "Hello Mr....er....(cue rustling of papers/iPad)."

Either do it properly or not at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.