Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Quick and simple at-seat greeting right down the back of a 747 on today's LHR-IAD - with bottle of water for me and Mrs CKBA. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
LHR-PHL J Upper Deck - CSD with nice genuine greeting towards end of the flight - a welcome back and how long is your trip etc. No one else got a greeting and there appeared to be other Gold Card Holders upstairs as many expensive branded rucksacks did have shiny AU baggage tags attached.
Crew were great and Chicken Tika Masala excellent.

Flight over to UK from PHL a couple of days ago no greeting on a 777 and pretty mediocre crew.

Lets see if there is a greeting on my way back to LHR later this week.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Bottle of water slipped to me by CC on a short haul ET exit row seat but no actual greeting. But theoretical seating seemed to work on quite a full plane giving a clear exit row middle seat. With that and the excellent lunch in Cathay's first lounge in T3 who needs club europe?
sunshinebob and wanderingjock like this.

Last edited by firstlight; Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19 am
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Another 2 flights this weekend, no greeting. The first flight even had a 45 minutes delay held at the gate and it was still omitted.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Another 2 flights this weekend, no greeting. The first flight even had a 45 minutes delay held at the gate and it was still omitted.
Nothing for me either on a LGW-MLA return last week with, like you, a 30 minute delay at the gate on the outbound. Pretty full both ways with 11 row CE cabins - good service though, especially on the return.

My next trip is my first on AY, so I'm looking forward to see if they live up to their reputation!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Exec
So the main categories are ...

1) Those who don’t mind not getting greeted personally by name (presumably just happy to receive good service) (or embarrassed by the attention).

2) Those who do seem to mind when they are not personally greeted.

3) Those who feel their status is not being recognised when, despite a personal welcome, they are not offered a glass of champagne/other drink, newspaper, food etc.

flygirl68 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Last week LHR-ATH, CSD came to say hello towards the end of the flight. ATH-LHR not even a nod. I wasn't offered anything
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:17 am
mtt

I flew LH BA in CW recently on my birthday. Distant and unproductive business trip, away from family, feeling a little sorry for myself. CGH.

When I checked in the BA app showed me a picture of a birthday cake so they clearly knew it was a red letter say. I was tragically, pathetically hopeful that someone might acknowledge my human existence on this special day. Sadly the personal welcome, sincere birthday wishes and upgrade to F was not to be and I sat in anonymity throughout the flight except the the time I wanted a second whisky and the hostess came over saying "you appear to have pressed your call bell by accident Sir".

Last edited by mtt; Oct 21, 2019 at 11:27 am Reason: clarify class
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I was sitting in 12A on the BA2551 today, AGP to LGW, and was surprised to get a nice welcome from the CSM and he gave a most welcome drop of bubbly!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by mtt
I flew LH BA in CW recently on my birthday. Distant and unproductive business trip, away from family, feeling a little sorry for myself. CGH.

When I checked in the BA app showed me a picture of a birthday cake so they clearly knew it was a red letter say. I was tragically, pathetically hopeful that someone might acknowledge my human existence on this special day. Sadly the personal welcome, sincere birthday wishes and upgrade to F was not to be and I sat in anonymity throughout the flight except the the time I wanted a second whisky and the hostess came over saying "you appear to have pressed your call bell by accident Sir".
where is the audio upload button ? *happpyyy birthdaay to youuuuuu***

lovely
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Feeling a little spoilt at the moment. Upgraded at check-in to CW and a congratulated for hitting silver midway on the flight LHR > JFK.

Granted, I have moved fairly quickly from 0 tier points to 1100 in the last 4 months so I guess I show promising signs.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Slightly bizarre greeting from senior crew member on a CE flight yesterday. Apparently a message had popped up on her iPhone congratulating me on having flown 3 million miles with BA! Nice but a bit strange.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Pleasant greeting in ET from SCM on flight from Vienna asking me if I'd enjoyed the city? Since the weather in VIE has been amazing all week (cloudless skies, 20-25°, light winds), and mrs Firstlight had come out to join me for the weekend it was easy to say yes.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was sitting next to my husband last week in CW and while he got the Gold welcome spiel the CSD just gave me the evil eye. Mind you we were travelling on the AmEx voucher so perhaps the travelling companions’ status doesn't show up on the PIL; or else there is some damning indictment of my character lodged there instead. Anyway, I was most upset. How many Avios am I due for my hurt feelings?
Mordac likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
BA1466 LHR INV
26 OCT 19

Sat in 1A, my first time on a 'plane since January.

Welcomed by name once seated, a nice touch after the boarding fiasco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.