Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by u01sss3
Flying from BGY - LGW is row 1 I was greeted and congratulated for being a new gold. Nice crew in general. Not to be outdone the chap behind me piped in that he would reach silver after that flight. Folk seem to take these things seriously!
The fact this thread exists is evidence that some take this very seriously!
HIDDY, rossmacd, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The fact this thread exists is evidence that some take this very seriously!
Personally, I don’t take it ‘seriously’, or even ‘Give a damn, my dear’.

BUT ... if this is a laid-down BA process, it’s worth noting how often it fails to happen.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Technically OT but I think its worth mentioning.

Currently lowly Silver but will be Gold in December if travel plans do not change. Anyway, I was trespassing in 1A today - how dare I! Connecting to OTP this evening and the CSM came to offer a personalised welcome. We had a great little chat about how he was also talking me to OTP later and home again on Sunday.

It’s the little things and attention to detail that matter. I really appreciated it and the service down to LHR was probably the best I’ve had in CE on a domestic sector this year.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Interesting greeting this week on my way to Gibraltar- Purser came up and thanked me my loyalty but also mentioned how many miles I had flown on BA as well as how many times that equated going to the moon! I checked My Flight Path and he was spot on!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Lovely experience LHR-HAM just now; offered bottles of water when we got to our seats, moved to the exit row (v empty flight) and the purser plied us with CE champagne for the short flight.

Zero regrets at not going for CE on that flight, all we missed was a prawn salad!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Was addressed by name on recent CW IAD-LHR when served drinks. No 'greeting' as such (name probably from the manifest) - and drinks did take an age to be served 1.5 hrs into flight).
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
Personally, I don’t take it ‘seriously’, or even ‘Give a damn, my dear’.

BUT ... if this is a laid-down BA process, it’s worth noting how often it fails to happen.
Asked the CSM on the Malta flight yesterday, and she said the iPad gives the crew a list of messages to deliver subject to time, and that they are generally around anniversary / milestones or special events which is why you get them so rarely.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
5 flights in the last 7-10 days in business and economy and zero anything.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:05 am

Had a brilliant Gold greeting yesterday. Travelling on the 06:20 LGW-BOD, which is first flight out so promptly went back to sleep.

As I was leaving, CSM said "you were having a lovely sleep sir, I hadn't got the heart to wake you for a welcome".

Not exactly a money spinner for BA. 3 in CE and about 10 in Y on an A320.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by rapidex
Had a brilliant Gold greeting yesterday. Travelling on the 06:20 LGW-BOD, which is first flight out so promptly went back to sleep.

As I was leaving, CSM said "you were having a lovely sleep sir, I hadn't got the heart to wake you for a welcome".

Not exactly a money spinner for BA. 3 in CE and about 10 in Y on an A320.
That BOD route was really handy but they've cut it down to silly times now. I like a weekend down there, but timings mean I often fly the orange buses...
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
After a long gap of no GMG's, I did a short-notice weekend trip IAH-LHR-IAH, on pretty full planes, could only afford WT+ on way out and WT back. Very pleasantly greeted both times, even with the CSM having to come right to very back of the full 747 to find me on the return leg.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I get more attention from my mistress (AA- whose company I prefer) than my wife (BA).
Just flown the very short hop BWI-JFK on AA and the FA came and thanked me for being OWE and offered me a snack box.
So sweet.
And just before landing she came again and delivered a tub of Pringles.
Temptress.
However, for all the attention, I am sticking with the marriage (BA Executive Club account)
jason8612 and stephenjc like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've had one greeting out of six flights for a 16% record. All short haul I should add.
On my last flight (ET) I bought a Heineken but no goodies as mentioned elsewhere were offered.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:54 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
LHR-LUX last week in ET:
At the very end of the flight, when coming round to check seatbelts, thanked by crew member and welcomed on board. Whilst I appreciated it, I would have appreciated it more if it came at the start of the flight with an offer of a free drink.

Return LUX-LHR in ET:
Addressed by name if I wanted to buy anything from the buy on board menu (my usual reply of no thanks) and then thanked for being gold card holder. CSM later came down for a chat and welcome with 20 min to land.

I appreciated the welcome but no offer of anything beyond advertised service, unlike several other posts in this thread.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I have flown to Boston 2 weeks ago and the crew was all over me so much so that the seat neighbour asked me whether I’m some sort of celebrity ��... this week I went to Moscow and no greetings either direction. Just very inconsistent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.