Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by icegirl
A challenge to all GCH/GGL's and anyone else who should be getting a personal greeting. The next time you are on a flight challenge the crew member in question as to why you were never given your greeting then come back and share your feedback!
How ridiculous.

This is public transport. Not a boutique hotel.

Adjusted expectations = problem solved.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I don't need acknowledgement
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Not necessarily a greeting per se, but on Sunday's BWI-LHR i was addressed by name by the CC every time they came around. Also, when I declined the meal (I rarely eat on the overnight services) they said that if I felt peckish at any time they would rustle something up for me - nice offer.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by CKBA
Not necessarily a greeting per se, but on Sunday's BWI-LHR i was addressed by name by the CC every time they came around. Also, when I declined the meal (I rarely eat on the overnight services) they said that if I felt peckish at any time they would rustle something up for me - nice offer.
I think this kind of recognition is much more genuine, and much more easily delivered ..and received.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bar Operator

I think this kind of recognition is much more genuine, and much more easily delivered ..and received.
Yes, the lightweight but effective way to do this is first time:"Lovely to see you again Mr. CWS, what would you like to drink?". Second time: "Here is your sparkling water Mr. CWS, is this ok?".
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, the lightweight but effective way to do this is first time:"Lovely to see you again Mr. CWS, what would you like to drink?". Second time: "Here is your sparkling water Mr. CWS, is this ok?".
Which is exactly what happened to me this morning (substitute tea for sparkling water), but you get the idea. Really quick but genuine conversation and a cup of tea to boot!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Thanked for being an "Exec Platinum" member of AAdvantage on a recent hop across the Atlantic... suppose the Emerald shown as this.
No mention on the BA Ex-EU turnaround before.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
I did an A350 LHR-MAD return on Sunday. Got a 'welcome back' on boarding the outbound (BA456) and a friendly crew member made her way back into the economy cabin towards the end of the flight with a bottle of water and a 'lovely to see you again Mr h; can I get you a glass of champagne?''. A nice touch, but a bit weird being singled out in a fairly full cabin!

Nothing on the return (BA465) though - but there were lots of FTers up front to occupy the crew, I guess. I wasn't alone though, the guy in the row in front of me flashed his GGL card to pay for his BoB with Avios and he didn't get a greeting either.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I got two welcome backs on BA464 (A350) last Sunday 25th, one from the CSM and another from the CSM on the innovation team.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Always wanted to post on this thread!

LGW to CAG on Thursday myself and my mate who isn't even a BAEC member got a thanks for being a gold member.
CAG t o LGW on Monday I got called by my Surname and offered something from Club Europe. I choose a coffee. The girl next to me asked why did i get a free drink, I nonchalantly told her I was a VIP before putting my headphones back in!
Jed, ThatT1Feeling, YacozA and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I did LHR-AMS-LHR-MAN-LCY and not a jot of recognition.
YacozA likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
AA flight SLC-DFW, I was recognised with a small tube of Pringles, sat in a MCE seat.
TBH, the lack of recognition does not bother me as I have been hardened by 3 teenage children who, many a time struggled to muster a grunt of acknowledgement when I entered the home they were living in for free, but that's another story!
ThatT1Feeling and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by IntVic
AA flight SLC-DFW, I was recognised with a small tube of Pringles, sat in a MCE seat.
TBH, the lack of recognition does not bother me as I have been hardened by 3 teenage children who, many a time struggled to muster a grunt of acknowledgement when I entered the home they were living in for free, but that's another story!
Being the proud keeper of 2 teenagers ATM I hear you.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Last couple of flights no upfront long recognition - but nice 'welcome back on board' upon boarding and addressed by name by the CC throughout.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Pack
Always wanted to post on this thread! ...

.... CAG t o LGW on Monday I got called by my Surname and offered something from Club Europe. I choose a coffee. The girl next to me asked why did i get a free drink, I nonchalantly told her I was a VIP before putting my headphones back in!
Surely this one is better suited to the DYKWIA thread?
rapidex and alex67500 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.