Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
Personally, I still put the degradation in service on BA (in CW and WT+, not F which is normally great), down to reduction in number of FA's.
Old May 30, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Good point TheBaps, how soon we forget.
On the B744 we have 2 less crew and on the B777 2 or 3 less.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
My personal contribution to this:

I flew more than 100 sectors in the last 12 months.

I get ignored on short haul as well as on long haul. In Y, W, J and F. It only happened once to me on a LH flight to JNB in J. I also understand my CIV is ca 70. No consistency at all, I rather like to be greeted by name when I board or during the flight. Personal taste.

And then I flew Philippine Airlines last week, 3 hours flight in J, A320 (2+2). Got greeted by name at boarding, at meals selection, during the service. Got greeted again by name when desembarking too. CSD with no iPad, 12 pax in J, no loyalty membership.

Please try PR in J and you will realise that BA J on short haul is just ridiculous. Differences:

- Two hot towel runs instead of one with BA
- You can pick among 3 mains, all choices were available
- Tablecloth
- Everything is put on your table, all dishes. Also glass refill is on the table.
- No trolleys in J
- Generous pitch and width
- Nuts are hot and served on a porcelain plate instead of a (cold) bag.

Overall, 1,000 times better than BA.

But we keep flying the Union Jack.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
Originally Posted by 81romeo
But we keep flying the Union Jack.
There in lies the problem, BA will keep "enhancing" things until people start voting with their feet, but for some reason, probably the terror of going back to Jonny no status, my feet seem to be glued.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TheBaps
There in lies the problem, BA will keep "enhancing" things until people start voting with their feet, but for some reason, probably the terror of going back to Jonny no status, my feet seem to be glued.
As part of the Oneworld alliance there is a huge amount of choice of airlines which can still credit Avios and Tier Points to BAEC and retain status. This year I passed the threshold for Gold with my 4th BA-metal flight of the year (so the minimum requirement).
Old May 30, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by where2travel
As part of the Oneworld alliance there is a huge amount of choice of airlines which can still credit Avios and Tier Points to BAEC and retain status. This year I passed the threshold for Gold with my 4th BA-metal flight of the year (so the minimum requirement).
...unfortunately not if you are based in the UK and you have to fly out of LHR up to 8 times a month....
Old May 30, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by swiss_global
A remark on CX. Yes, I get a personal greeting without exception - but equally without exception the CSD asks me why I don't switch to their FFP ... In my view, this is rather offensive ...
HKers tend to be pretty direct about stuff like this. It isn't intended to be offensive which I imagine if you spend a decent amount of time out there, you will understand. Not too dissimilar to the Dutch or the Germans really.
Old May 30, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
On my TLV trip this week, nothing on the way out to TLV on Monday's 163, either for myself and another goldie whom I was seated next to in Y.

On the return last night on the 164, myself and another fellow goldie, were greeted by the CSM. Usual chat about thanks for flying with us, appreciate your continued business, anything you need just ask...... I've found this to be fairly standard script when in Y.

Incidentally there were 2 CSMs on the flight. Not sure if this is SOP or not.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC
I would get the greeting on most long-haul flights. On 2 consecutive occasions I thanked the CSD but said it really wasn't necessary. Haven't had it since.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Got it about 70% when in F, about 50% in CW, never in CE, ET, WTP or WT.

Sorta embarrassing, except when I have been through one of my plane change and downgrade months or they are giving me 50k Avios

Last edited by Behindthecurtain; Jun 2, 2014 at 5:41 am Reason: Brain dead
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 81romeo
- Nuts are hot and served on a porcelain plate instead of a (cold) bag.
I always ask the CC to warm my nuts . I don't want them on a plate though!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:47 pm

I've had it as blue when flying in Club. I think it's more down to the time the crew have available.

I was welcomed by name with my partner and politely asked about our trip. It wasn't intrusive or embarrassing.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, CCR, Star Alliance Gold
I fly predominately BA long haul twice a month to Houston in business and don't think have ever got had the CSD come up. I fly business to the East/Oz every few months mainly with Cathay and it's like clockwork - 100%
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Never had it on BA, or other OW airlines, but not really that bothered.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
I work mainly in BRU, so I often take the earliest flight at 06:40 to arrive at the office at 9ish. This is the only time I would travel wearing a suit, and this is the only time I ever get any such greeting (but only in CE, not ET). As a BA Gold member in my civvies, I never get a second glance. I travel enough to know this is isn't a coincidence.

Any other travellers noticed this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.