Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CambridgeUK
As a new sign-up to FT, but a rather too regular BA pax, I just wanted to share a couple of very decent experiences from mid 2017
And thank you for sharing this positive experience. You have certainly come to the right place, welcome to Flyertalk CambridgeUK and to the BA forum, and I hope that we will see plenty more of you on this board.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Interestingly, I used to think that the personal greeting/crew addressing me with my name in CE was a function of the cabin rather than status. I feel that I got it more often back when I was Bronze/Silver than now as Gold. EW for example consistently addresses me with my name when offering the (limited) service, no matter in which row I am seated. I find this a nice touch and can't understand why it is so difficult for BA (in CE).

From my experience (as Gold), on short (AMS, DUS, CDG) flights in ET no greeting ever (which is absolutely fine!).
On short flights in CE, patchy - maybe half the time.

The reason for this post is actually a recent longer-ish CE flight up to KEF and back where on both flights the greeting by the CSM and subsequent service throughout the flight was 100% spot on. Well done BA.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Travelling back from San Diego a couple of weeks ago, the CSM found me in WT+, welcomed me, and offered me champagne (before anyone had been round with pre-flight drinks). He was a nice guy and the welcome seemed very genuine, and he gave me his name and told me to call him if I needed anything during the flight.

Flying Club Europe regularly, often on the same routes each week, I find the cabin crew lovely. They'll always greet me pleasantly (some of them by name as I walk onto the plane, because they recognised me from previous flights). It feels more like being welcomed as a friend, than "I have to greet Gold members by name" and reminds my why I like flying BA. Having flown a couple of other airlines recently, it's definitely the BA cabin crew who make flying pleasurable.

Last edited by Tredders; May 20, 2018 at 9:26 am
Old May 20, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Two great experiences travelling to/from Madrid yesterday.

On the outbound CSM came up and welcomed me back on board hoped I was enjoying the flight and asked if there was anything I liked to drink. I asked what she had in case I asked for something that wasn’t possible and she said anything so I said a gin and tonic would be great and she came back with a couple of tanquarays and tonic.

Returning from Madrid yesterday I was sitting in the second row of WTP for Economy on the 777 and I bought a couple of Sipsmith Gins. shortly after this the CSM came to me, welcomed me back, saw my Harry and Meghan cake and asked me where I got it and told her then she said oh I see you are set up for drinks you beat me to it and I said oh another towards the end of the flight would be quite nice if she had time. A bit later she popped back to see if I was ready for it and asked if I’d like Gordon’s or Tanquaray.

Both occasions done extremely well, no iPad in sight and genuine and sincere welcome on each occasion not an ‘iPad says I’ve got to say hello’ tick box exercise,
wanderingjock likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
20th consecutive welcome and special service on my lhr to sin flight. Ba crew have been fantastic over the last few months. 5 jal flights in may so far and nothing special, although standard service is good.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Personal greeting and a glass of champagne yesterday on LHR to YYC sitting in WT+. Crew is top notch
Old May 20, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've had it on the last 2 LHR-MAN flights I've taken. Nothing the other way though.
Got a bottle of water yesterday and the offer if something from the CE bar, not that anyone came by again to order something.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I have never been greeted differently from anyone else. Even when I turned GGL the purser just said hi to me and my fellow traveler very basically.
This if there anything I can do for you just sounds like a floscal.. And I don't like it.
My friend was platinum with airberlin and welcomed personally by name on every shirt haul flight ever. Not embereesingly but so welcomed.i wish BA would do that. The whole experience is personalized differently by just a truly warm welcome with the name and without iPad.
​​
Old May 20, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Last week sitting in Economy on a domestic flight offered a drink for my companion and myself. Thanked for flying BA. First time since I got the gold card in February that anyone has said anything.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Flew twice last week with Finnair (HEL-LHR-HEL) and was greeted and offered champagne for myself and Mr F on both flights. Flew BA HEL-LHR this morning, nothing again, and flight was probably half empty. In my recent experience flying BA it just seems to me an increasing number of cabin crew just has the ‘can’t be bothered’ attitude. Now that I’m based in Helsinki and all my travel is leisure, there’s no doubt I shall be switching to AY.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Yesterday, sitting on the tarmac in DUS for 1 hour, waiting for an ATC slot back to LHR (weather and strikes in France apparently).
CC handed out water or orange juice to the CE cabin and would have had plenty of time and opportunity for a quick "welcome back"...

Situations like these make me wonder what the 'official' BA stance on the greetings is (if any) and whether "time available" really plays a role?

Not overly bothered but just curious (thanks to this thread...)
Old May 28, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Nothing on yesterday evening's LHR-MAN flight unlike the previous couple I've taken.
6 of us boarded as Group 1 (plus one person who gate checked their bag and got may have got on first).
All of those 6 were in CE apart from me back in my exit row seat.

Warm sitting waiting on the tarmac for a take off slot so some water would have been appreciated more.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Lovely CSD on the way back from Sofia. I slept most of the flight, 2/3rds way down a A321 at the Exit, but as I was leaving she spotted me and said, "oh, Mr wj, i came to say hello but you were sleeping, which is good!. Have a lovely evening" Made me feel really good and she genuinely recognised me. Small, gesture, but makes it easier to keep buying the BA tickets
Old May 28, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
As OWE/BA Lifetime Gold,greeted and offered free snacks in Y 4/4 on AA domestic, greeted and offered free drink 2/2 over Easter 0/8 otherwise in Y on BA shorthaul.

When raising the subject with CC (in the galley, not in front of other pax), many were embarrassed by the patronising "Surpirse and delight" promotion over Easter and by having to deny status pax a free cup of tea tthereafter. If BA bothered to employ a behavioural economist (I'm available as long as they don't pay in devalued Avios), they'd understand that the marginal utility of a product or service just removed will always exceed the marginal utility of a product or service just restored.
Mapman likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I didn't get anything at gold, but granted It was short haul and I was rather glad. I was a bit nervous they would do something.

Alas I'm lowly silver now and just glad when I don't get spat at by the staff. (I'm joking of course, ba staff are always a delight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.