Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Super Ex Italy BA J sale. Worldwide (especially gd on N America)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:06 pm

Hi all.

I understand that the sale ends Tuesday?

I'm looking to book a spur of the moment last minute trip to Asia in the next 3 weeks. are there any ex-eu fares in CW around the mid £1500 mark that I could use to upgrade with avios to First?

Looking to go for a week to 10 days...anywhere in Asia really.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by baflyer999
Hi all.

I'm looking to book a spur of the moment last minute trip to Asia in the next 3 weeks. are there any ex-eu fares in CW around the mid £1500 mark that I could use to upgrade with avios to First?

Qatar Airways has an ex-UK sale ending June 5 to several destinations, starting at £1675 for Goa. A bit above the £1500 mark, but gives 560 TPs.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-offers.page?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Hi all.

Have a look at QR out of CAI. If the positioning flight is not that expensive in Y you could be looking at £1100
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold and various hotel programs (wishing they were all linked)
Hi all.

not quite 3 weeks time but CX have business class fares AMS to SIN at €1800/£1500 departing July 16th (not sure what the fare rules are etc)

There's also AMS-HKG with BA at €1758 departing June 15th onwards

Code:
Jun 15	BA 439	AMS	4:20PM	LHR	4:35PM	1h 15m	Airbus A319	Business (J)
		Layover in LHR 2h 0m
	BA 25	LHR	6:35PM	HKG	1:15PM	11h 40m	Airbus A380	Business (I)
Jun 23	BA 26	HKG	11:15PM	LHR	4:55AM	12h 40m	Airbus A380	Business (I)
		Layover in LHR 1h 55m
	BA 428	LHR	6:50AM	AMS	9:10AM	1h 20m	Boeing 767	Business (J)
€1,758.00

Last edited by henley; Jun 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by cynicalmoose
I do recommend this - just bagged an ex-DUB LHR-JFK/YUL-JFK-LCY openjaw for about £917. ITA says that cheapest economy fare for destinations I'm actually going to is £907 with LH changing in FRA, so I think I'm getting value for my £10!

And thanks to this board! First I did a UuA, now an ex-EU. Somebody please take me out and shoot me before I consider a TP run.
Next thing you'll be spending your Avios on QR flights. When you're not doing that you'll be making sure every flight you pay cash for goes through DOH or DXB so you can increase tier points and quite possibly also get better pricing.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by terminalfive
One thing the fare does allow is huge stays

One could fly out in august and return after 5 months using Avios to get back / return, ie make two return journeys

Has anybody tried this?

The only problem I can think of with this MIGHT be insurance that might not cover stay as the booking is split. You need to read insurance small print
Hmm are you hinting at a back to back or nested tickets opportunity here?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Ex Italy still a full week to book

Its had a good affect on other carriers too with lower J fares accross the board

At the moment Italy remains the cheapest / one of the cheapest Longhaul departure points for J fares - even direct
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:08 am

I am trying to book an open jaw - in to SFO and back from LAX in August of this year.

Pricing this up departing BRU on AA.com, I can get BA metal for all the legs with AA flight numbers for approx £1,300. I would prefer to book directly on the BA site in order to combine with Hotline discount. However, when I price the same flights up on BA.com I am getting fares of approx £1k more.

I have also tried comparing fares using kayak. Interestingly, it offers the BA flights at £1,300 but only if I book with another travel agent. If I try to book the same flights directly with BA through Kayak, then the price jumps up again.

BA.com offers the £1,300 fare for both SFO and LAX returns but not the multi-city booking.

Is this common? Any suggestions for a workaround?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by neala
I am trying to book an open jaw - in to SFO and back from LAX in August of this year.

Pricing this up departing BRU on AA.com, I can get BA metal for all the legs with AA flight numbers for approx £1,300. I would prefer to book directly on the BA site in order to combine with Hotline discount. However, when I price the same flights up on BA.com I am getting fares of approx £1k more.

I have also tried comparing fares using kayak. Interestingly, it offers the BA flights at £1,300 but only if I book with another travel agent. If I try to book the same flights directly with BA through Kayak, then the price jumps up again.

BA.com offers the £1,300 fare for both SFO and LAX returns but not the multi-city booking.

Is this common? Any suggestions for a workaround?
Phone BA, or send a PM to dutch_122/dutch_221/can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Booked DUB-LHR-DXB return for next Easter holidays and used Joker to upgrade to First. Also used shareholder discount.

6300 euros for four adults. Wow. Just over £5k!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:26 pm

Open jaw DUB-LHR-PHX, JFK-LHR-DUB for GBP1450 next Easter.

Similarly couldn't get ba.com to price it, booked on expedia in the end.

Have completely shifted my earn/burn strategy as a result of the frequent cash fare sales and poor Avios availability. I'm now earning long-haul and burning RFS short-haul.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:28 pm

just booked 2 adults (with shareholder discount)

LUX>LHR>YYZ...ORD>LHR>LUX (will try to check bags to LHR only) for a bargain 2840 euros
(i checked most EU destinations and BRU, LUX and LIN came in around same price...)

Absolute bargain in my book.

Now to book the RFS for the easy turn around.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:30 pm

and now considering OSL> SYD For mardi gras next year!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the info guys, I think I'm going to book an Easter break to LAX, it's coming up at around £1350 in J from BRU and PSA which is fantastic value (especially given it's the school holidays)!

I've read bits and bobs already about doing an EX-EU but just to double confirm I have a couple of questions:

(1) I am going to book the outbound from BRU-LAX with an overnight at LHR (and probably stay at the sofitel) so I will just do a little day trip to BRU the day before the morning flight to LAX. I don't want to cart all my luggage to BRU and back for the sake of it, in fact would like to go HBO, so am I able to check in a different set of bags on the LHR to LAX sector? (I will just ask the sofitel to look after them for the day)

(2) On the return I will be booking the flight option that also have the overnight at LHR, given that the LAX flight lands at around 1600 and BRU flight leaves at 0815ish the next morning, will the guys at LAX definitively only check my bags to LHR?

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I got the BRU-LAX for £1350 too :-) #happydays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.