Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Super Ex Italy BA J sale. Worldwide (especially gd on N America)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BertieWooster
I took advantage of this sale last week and booked MUC-LHR-DEN and return in CW for Mrs Wooster and myself for €4147 - which was a pretty big saving on the normal price. I actually booked the tickets via AA as they were €300 cheaper than if I had booked via the BA website. We won't earn as many Avios seeing as we are flying under an AA rather than BA code. However, the tier points I earn will get me to Silver which is good.
AA and BA code should earn the same.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

I don't think the avios is the same. Both earn the same tier bonus but for BA you get 150% avios for J whereas for AA you get 125% avios for J. There is a difference although it isn't massive.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
you will be able to see this difference quite clearly if you change the airline and keep all other details the same on the tier point/avios calculator page on the website. Switching between BA and AA clearly shows more avios earned on BA code
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
does this end today (18th) or did it end yesterday?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:33 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.