Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tonight's JNB-LHR BA054 paid upgrades?!?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Tonight's JNB-LHR BA054 paid upgrades?!?

I'm currently in the lounge, I went to the tkt desk 2 hours ago to enquire if there were any paid upgrades the guy behind the desk told me there were 2 wt to wt+ available but I had to buy them at the checkin ( previously I have always paid at the ticket desk)
Went straight to the checkin desk, no other pax there during my short walk from the desk to checkin... Asked the question to be told none available?.? The young lady behind the BA checkin desk didn't seem to want to bother her arse.

Can anyone who has access to seat availability software please tell me if there is any wt+ availability?. Thanks in advance.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My understanding is that it is easy to confuse agents as to whether or not you wish to pay for an upgrade or just want a freebie. Of course agents are asked constantly for free upgrades.

It is possible that the agent did not hear the "paid" bit of your query. So I suggest heading to the customer services desk in the middle of the terminal airside. Normally there is a desk with "upgrades" advertised on the screen above. This would probably be a good place to go and ask your question again, re-iterating that you are willing to pay for it and perhaps waving your credit card around a bit.

Good luck!

Old May 22, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: ABBA
BA54 is showing W/3 E/2 T/2 on flightstats. I'm not sure why the ticket office wouldn't upgrade your ticket -- assuming you have an M class ticket worth Ł517, and want to exchange for W worth Ł1188, you're looking about Ł671 to upgrade. The gold line should be able to help if checkin/ticket wont.

A handy tip at airports is "how much will it cost to upgrade my flight" rather than "can I upgrade my flight"
Old May 22, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
It is possible that the agent did not hear the "paid" bit of your query. So I suggest heading to the customer services desk in the middle of the terminal airside. Normally there is a desk with "upgrades" advertised on the screen above.
I think the OP is at JNB but I think you are referring to the customer services desk in the middle of T5.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Thanks all. I always enquire about paid upgrade would never think of asking for something for free.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by aldaniti
Thanks all. I always enquire about paid upgrade would never think of asking for something for free.
I think the points that others were making is that while they realised that you were not asking for a free upgrade, due to the number of times agents are asked for one, they (the agents) might actually miss the word "paid" unless it is absolutely without any doubt what you've just said.

"How much does it cost to..." would ensure that the concept of "paying for it" wouldn't be missed (or misunderstood/misheard) by the agent.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by oxmatt
I think the OP is at JNB but I think you are referring to the customer services desk in the middle of T5.
Whoops ... I missed that!

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
"How much does it cost to..." would ensure that the concept of "paying for it" wouldn't be missed (or misunderstood/misheard) by the agent.
Good idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.