Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight change - 775 this morning but 65 this afternoon!

Old May 22, 14, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I just changed an ex-JNB CW return to LHR travelling on a ticket issued under an I class fare to bring the LHR-JNB sector forward by a few weeks. This is the second coupon of the document, the first one having been burned when I got the magic beep.

This morning only C class was open on the day I need to travel and the fare difference plus change fee was GBP 775. This afternoon though availability opened to D1 R1 I1 so I nabbed the I seat for only the change fee of GBP 65 (actually GBP 70, but there was a tax reduction of GBP 5)!

Of course, what will happen now is that I will no doubt need to change back onto the flight I was originally on for a fare difference of only GBP 1,000... But for the time being I am satisfied.
Old May 22, 14, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, Coutts Silk
Nice one 6F.
Do you think that means someone changed/cancelled their ticket or (more likely?) that revenue management said 'wait a minute, these seats ain't shifting as fast as we thought...'?
Old May 22, 14, 2:04 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good timing and good checking 6F! ^

Anyone would think you knew something about this sort of thing!
Old May 23, 14, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
This type of thing makes the ExpertFlyer subscription pay for itself.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: