Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gormless
What Android version are other people seeing this error running?
I'm still running v7.1.1 (Sept 17 Security patch)
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Booking reward flights via IOS app

Why does it ask for finger ID and then ask your password manually in addition which it then refuses to remember even if you tick the ‘remember me’ box.
In addition you might get the ‘im not a robot ‘ page which has a degree of ambiguity which often requires several attempts

Seems very clunky! (maybe intentionally so)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
CAPTCHA in the Android App

I just opened my Android App (permanently signed-in) and got a CAPTCHA screen - "prove you're not a robot".

Not a killer, but strange that this is being shown from within the app - especially as I am permanently signed in.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
iPhone X

Hopefully support to the iPhone x screen size is just around the corner?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by IThink
And Face ID. BA tend not to hurry up with these things.
81romeo likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
BA Twitter team chased up the invalid_grant Android app error, it's being worked on but no ETA for a fix.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by IThink
I second that. Doesn’t look brilliant at the moment.
81romeo likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by techie
And Face ID. BA tend not to hurry up with these things.
Isn't FaceID just used in the same places as TouchID?
81romeo likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
Isn't FaceID just used in the same places as TouchID?
Sure, but support for it still needs to be added. Apple don't hot-swap one authentication mechanism for another on developer's behalf. The developer needs to do the legwork.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
BA Twitter team chased up the invalid_grant Android app error, it's being worked on but no ETA for a fix.
Thanks. Guess I should have taken this to twitter. Hope BA gets this fixed soon.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I got excited yesterday as I thought there was a poug available for my flight. The upgrade button appeared and the upgrade your flight by one cabin also appeared. So I clicked on both and it just takes me to manage my booking.

Anyone else had this? Such a disappointing bug!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by annihilation
I got excited yesterday as I thought there was a poug available for my flight. The upgrade button appeared and the upgrade your flight by one cabin also appeared. So I clicked on both and it just takes me to manage my booking.

Anyone else had this? Such a disappointing bug!
Yes, same story on my Android phone. Then if you try to upgrade it will tell you that the flight is no longer available for an upgrade.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Anything that can be done? I assume there is no point calling as they can't see POUG etc.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by annihilation
Anything that can be done? I assume there is no point calling as they can't see POUG etc.
My understanding is POUG cannot be done over the phone... but I was once successful getting one done. Website would offer me a POUG, but when I attempted to upgrade, it would fail. Called the Silver line back then, explained the problem, and it was done - ticketing was done manually from what I understood, but POUG was processed in a couple of hours.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Why does it ask for finger ID and then ask your password manually in addition which it then refuses to remember even if you tick the ‘remember me’ box.
In addition you might get the ‘im not a robot ‘ page which has a degree of ambiguity which often requires several attempts

Seems very clunky! (maybe intentionally so)
it’s been like that for ages. I cannot understand when the app clearly has the coding built in to accept Touch ID it just simply doesn’t work. It’s frustrating when other companies, banks, retailers etc can get Touch ID working but BA cannot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.