Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by WLX
Defer to the IT experts on the forum but a possibility that occurs to me is some sort of session/data mixup – like being able to see someone else’s shopping cart. This is something that should absolutely never happen, a bit like a doctor cutting off the wrong leg.

Edit: the fact the booking shown is for 2013 makes this less likely IMO. Any chance you did this search in 2013?
Interesting - just spotted that myself. It may be but perhaps unlikely since I have never travelled with children or infants.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:52 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Just having some issues with the app on iOS (always helpful when it happens during travels!), in Japan and the app keeps crashing when I start it up.
what’s weird is I tried re-installing, works fine until I try to log in, whereupon it immediately crashes?! Anyone else have this?

Update: just tried the app on my personal iPhone..... identical problem.

Last edited by Giblets; Feb 5, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Urgh... the app on iOS seems to have finally forced me onto the new UI

i wasn’t particularly a fan of the last version, but they seem to have tried to turn the app into a quasi mobile web rendition and it’s just too much scrolling, it’s not intuitive and its basically not an app.

and what’s happened to the background? It’s white, not gold. Oh and they haven’t fixed the integration so it still can’t see my bookings for maybe 25% of the time.

What are you up to, web team???
florens likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meliá Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
Maybe this is better directed at the App Store feedback but I wanted to see what others thought.

I Really liked the old ba iPhone app (as much as you can like app that is ), but since the recent update it has taken a step back in my opinion.

The new app seems to attempt to merge the new (features like the home page) with The old (picking a seat pages) and it feels more “web site” than a “mobile app”. Maybe BA are trying to get consistency between both, but just feels not quite finished yet.

I like change and improvements being made, normally quick to adapt, but even after a few days of use, it just doesn’t feel as slick and usable.

I completely agree with the comments above on the scrolling for the home page (especially if you have a few flights booked).
The fonts at just too big and instead of having a background picture of the destination, they seem to have split picture and the text apart into two sections on the page , taking up even more room. I assume this maybe down to readability of text over an image (although I thought it worked well), but the new solution is not great in my view.

anyhow, that’s my two pence worth, on what is obviously not the most important thing in the world...
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meliá Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus

Also .... tongue in cheek only ... but given their test data / demo screenshots, maybe they are exploring new group numbers for club world and putting 3 class 777 (without club suites) on jfk Sorry couldn’t resist! -
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is anyone else having issues with the cheapest fares section on their BA app? I have the Android version and when looking it shows some months with "no price available". On the months with a price shown, it usually displays the price on the first of the month even if other dates within the same month have a lower price and some dates are also missing. Been happening for a few days now. I've also tried logging in and out and also reinstalled it and no change.
BAeuro and Fatdickie like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:36 am

Yep, same issue for few days now. Haven't checked web, if it has same problem.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright
Also .... tongue in cheek only ... but given their test data / demo screenshots, maybe they are exploring new group numbers for club world and putting 3 class 777 (without club suites) on jfk Sorry couldn’t resist! -
If it only was a demo screenshot ... I hope Mr Stanton doesn't mind that his flight to EZE was used for the screenshot.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:13 am

Same here, virtually no price for any Euro destination, Copenhagen has shot up from cheapest Ł232 on Sunday to over Ł500 now
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Why can't they just leave stuff alone...the new interface and all that just means more scrolling,more clicking to achieve just the same thing.

WHY ????

In my day (and still today), any new version had to be an improvement on the last or you didn't do it. What is better about this ? Is the layout cleaner, no, do I have to do more to achieve the same, yes, am I provided with any new features and functions, no.

It's just another job creation/justification scheme - at the end of the day most of us just want to see our flights, check timings and terminals, check in or change (times, seats etc) - put all of this on one screen and anything else you can stuff in a menu to the side - oh and finally - once it is simple and clean leave it the f alone and the developers can go and fix all the other problems BA has with its IT
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:29 am

Cheapest fares on the app, this is all I get, what has wrong with the app
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Yep. It's been like that for me since I looked yesterday
Rubbish. Hopefully they will sort it soon
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
I’ve noticed over the last week dates and destinations have been dropping off that page.

As you point out, it’s now completely dead and says there are no destinations from London. Very strange, an IT error or deliberate removal of this tool?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
And the usual "bookings can't be displayed" running gag this morning again.
Somehow getting tired of this...
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have been resisting updating the BA app on my iPhone. But sadly when I open the app today I get this dreaded message

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.