Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
The Android app is rapidly becoming almost unusable for myself and many colleagues now - first use OK but then when you next go into it the app seems stuck on the sky background and you either need to force close or try and navigate about and back to the homescreen. On some phones this seems to be almost totally frozen. Used to work absolutely fine!
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
The Android app is rapidly becoming almost unusable for myself and many colleagues now - first use OK but then when you next go into it the app seems stuck on the sky background and you either need to force close or try and navigate about and back to the homescreen. On some phones this seems to be almost totally frozen. Used to work absolutely fine!
Same issue on my phone - soved by disabling 'run in background' permission for the app.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:29 pm

On the iOS app when I click the seat map option it goes to a ‘find my booking’ web page where I have to type in the booking ref and name. Is this a problem with my app or a known problem. I also have the same issue when trying to book reward flights through the app.
thinkingallowed and Flygeblad like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by victairinternational
On the iOS app when I click the seat map option it goes to a ‘find my booking’ web page where I have to type in the booking ref and name. Is this a problem with my app or a known problem. I also have the same issue when trying to book reward flights through the app.
I’ve been having this problem for the last few months. Recent updates haven’t fixed the issue despite sending in feedback numerous times (most likely going into the trash). It’s so frustrating as who remembers the booking reference?!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:38 am

No flights available

Looking at options for weekend trip and saw that issue with several destinations.
Here's one for OTP, searched for flights on 6th of June, shows that no flights available next day

But when I change search for 7th of June there is a flight

Quite annoying when you're flexible with dates and want to play around a bit
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Has anyone else with android noticed the band at the top is now white and no longer reflects BAEC status?
(also the text in it is now no longer vertically centred)
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by revorgap
Has anyone else with android noticed the band at the top is now white and no longer reflects BAEC status?
Yes.

Spike
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by revorgap
Yes I have this too. On mine and Mrs Akoz, but the back ground photo still seems correct on each phone for the status of the user.

Was this in an update when the BA100 logo appeared on startup?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
How do people get a gold background? Is is Apple specific as it's always white on my Android phone.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by xenole
How do people get a gold background? Is is Apple specific as it's always white on my Android phone.
It never used to be white. It just appears to be the latest 'enhancement'.

iOS still showing the colours AFAIK, Android certainly isn't since a recent little update.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Have been trying to check my upcoming flight to SJC on the Android app for the last few days, but keep getting the following error:
"Refresh Error
We are currently unable to update the arrival and departure times for your next flight. Please try again later"

The last updated time is that well known date - 01 Jan 1970 01:00 - so presumably some backend Unix server has lost the plot.
Anyone got any idea how long they usually take to sort this out?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Just downloaded the latest 'update' (if you can all it that) for the BA iPhone app.

Arrrrgghh! What have they done? Gone is all the colour from the home page, replaced by a sterile white background.

It looks like something from the ABC book of 'How to build a basic app' for 5 year olds'.
Not impressed.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Just downloaded the latest 'update' (if you can all it that) for the BA iPhone app.

Arrrrgghh! What have they done? Gone is all the colour from the home page, replaced by a sterile white background.

It looks like something from the ABC book of 'How to build a basic app' for 5 year olds'.
Not impressed.
I quite like the look, here is how BA describe it:

"We’re delighted to unveil a new look for our app’s homescreen.

Our new, cleaner design is a lot easier on the eye. But most importantly, it’s a lot easier to use.

The new design makes navigating through the app simpler and more intuitive. Information, such as your upcoming flights, appears clearer and less cluttered.

You’ll also notice some warmer, more conversational elements across the homescreen. From check-in to boarding, we want the app to feel like a personal assistant. This update is a small step towards creating a more personalised experience.

The app still has the same features and functionality. We’ve just changed the way the app looks and feels, as well as making a few behind-the-scenes bug fixes."
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The app still has the same features and functionality. We’ve just changed the way the app looks and feels, as well as making a few behind-the-scenes bug fixes."
That's funny. The last update of the app I got on Android added bugs galore. It's a regular thing now having to shut down and restart the app just to see the home-screen / book a flight. { And they didn't even fix the one that crashes the app when you change the reward destination to a region or city and type anything. }
EDIflyer and megaloman like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:37 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone else have a problem where new bookings are not showing in the BA App?

I have made several BA bookings in January, yet none are showing in the App. Bookings made last year still appear. It seems to update, but just doesn't show all my bookings. I have tried this in the Android and iOS versions, same problem. If I log into the BA website I can see all my bookings, so my BA EC number is definitely there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.