Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Same issue here, updated to IOS13.1.3 and still the same issue. Painful!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Exact same issue here, incredibly annoying. I ended up turning off the Siri and Search function in the iPhone settings menu for the BA app and that stopped it.

In case it's of use to anyone
1.Tap settings icon
2. Scroll down to British Airways on settings menu and tap on it
3. Tap siri and search option
4. Toggle all the buttons to off

This worked for me!
Thanks - that worked for me. I have around 40 sectors currently booked so it was irritating the hell out of me!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Exact same issue here, incredibly annoying. I ended up turning off the Siri and Search function in the iPhone settings menu for the BA app and that stopped it.

1.Tap settings icon

This worked for me!
Just turning off Learn from this App seems to do the trick.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I've had a couple of apps do something similar so I suspect it's an iOS issue rather than a BA app issue.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:50 am

1.Tap settings icon

This worked for me!

Thanks, this seems to have fixed mine!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:38 am

I get it on the AA app also, where I have way more sectors than on BA. I have lost count how many times my STL-LGA sector today has popped up as a notification - must be into the thousands now. Very frustrating indeed!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I have this on Android with BA and AA - I have to manually remove the reminders from my calendar as they aren't in the format I use for my flight (yes, I'm sad and need to get out more).

M
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Ah... that explains why I now seem to have lots of notifications for my calendar for the same flight now! It's a shame as I like the idea of Siri interrogating apps for calendar info (in theory) but the implementaition of this feature clearly isn't working as it should
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's an IOS issue.

My calendar wants to sync from email, the BA app and check my trip... Therefore ending up with 3 entries for the same flight in my calendar.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:13 am

Are these going into the Siri Suggestions calendar? I would assume so.

if that is the case, in the Calendar app, click on the calendars icon (bottom middle) and turn off that calendar. That'll stop every app from sending "helpful" calendar events to Siri. Well, they'll still send them but the calendar won't show.

If you have iCloud turned on for your calendars and a Macbook, as I do, you can keep the Siri calendar enabled there and check it every now and again to see what's going on. If you have default alerts enabled, you can disable them for the Siri calendar (get info / ignore alerts) although oddly that option doesn't seem available on the phone, only the laptop.
ThatT1Feeling, G-BUSI and SirToby like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Go to the British Airways app in settings

Find Siri settings within this

Disable ‘allow Siri to learn from the app’

you the saviour... I will be grateful for eternity. I was about to move airlines/alliances - for 2 weeks it has been driving me complete bananas ����
allturnleft likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I've added a mixed CX-BA-(and Eurowings...) booking to my account, and every time I try to login (iOS 13.1.3), the app just crashes. Any idea of similar reported problem/fixes?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:11 am

receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each fligh

Hi There
Has anyone got this issue fixed?
receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight?

I have a lot of iphones here in the company with the same issue

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I see there is another iOS update today..... I wonder what joys that await in this one! Lol
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Seems the latest version is bug ridden. Constantly wanting entry and re-entry of PNR and name when checking seats or checking in. Having to log in on every screen.

terrible changes to what was a good app
Indeed, has still not been fixed today - it's totally annoying and nearly makes the app unusable Really liked the app before, was easy to use and functioned well. Better than the LH one IMHO, but now...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.