The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 17, 19, 4:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Mixbury
Wiki Link
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesnít work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesnít work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :
London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tell
which airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesnít work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesnít work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesnít work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 11, 19, 3:53 pm

Programs: Back to BA Blue..
IOS 13 calendar sync going crazy

My partner and I both travel for work and have a shared calendar, since the IOS update this week every time the app is opened it re-adds every single booked flight constantly until the app is shut down! This is draining battery and incredibly annoying! Anyone else suffering this?
Old Oct 11, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by happychappy78 View Post
every time the app is opened it re-adds every single booked flight constantly until the app is shut down!
This can be solved by going to Settings > British Airways > Siri & Search and disabling all options. Presumably this also disables useful functionality, but it does mean the device is usable.
Telecasterman, blurt91 and ceej123 like this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
My partner and I both travel for work and have a shared calendar, since the IOS update this week every time the app is opened it re-adds every single booked flight constantly until the app is shut down! This is draining battery and incredibly annoying! Anyone else suffering this?
Hi, yup same here for us on a shared calendar pulling in all sorts of random stuff. Itís not just BA tho.
T
Old Oct 11, 19, 5:51 pm

Programs: Back to BA Blue..
Originally Posted by Thomathy View Post
This can be solved by going to Settings > British Airways > Siri & Search and disabling all options. Presumably this also disables useful functionality, but it does mean the device is usable.
That seems to have solved it thanks so much!!
TheBigRat likes this.
Old Oct 12, 19, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Old Oct 12, 19, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes Iím having the exact same issue - driving me nuts. Iíve given up going into the app for the same reason. Relieved thatís itís just not me - I thought I had a settings issue with my upgraded iPhone! My partner, who changed there phone doesnít have the issue, so maybe Iím just cursed!
Old Oct 13, 19, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
iOS13 & Calendar & BA app

Hello there...

I have recently upgraded my iPhone to iOS 13. Since I've done this, every time I open the BA app my calendar app goes into meltdown and throws dozens of calendar updates at me. Initially this looked like a cool feature to update flight details, but it appears to be something that always happens, even if the flight already is in my calendar.

Anybody else having this? Any ideas how to stop it?
Old Oct 13, 19, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Hello there...

I have recently upgraded my iPhone to iOS 13. Since I've done this, every time I open the BA app my calendar app goes into meltdown and throws dozens of calendar updates at me. Initially this looked like a cool feature to update flight details, but it appears to be something that always happens, even if the flight already is in my calendar.

Anybody else having this? Any ideas how to stop it?
I had the same. Delete the entry and manually add it is the only solution Iíve found.
Old Oct 13, 19, 12:59 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Thank god, just booked a flight and assumed I was doing something wrong when getting tons of calendar updates every time I looked at the booking - then saw this thread. Hopefully disabling Siri for this app will do the trick.

BA IT at its finest. Again.
Old Oct 13, 19, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Thank you!
Old Oct 14, 19, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club silver
Originally Posted by Thomathy View Post
Thanks for the solution... I am sure a lot of us are very grateful
Old Oct 14, 19, 5:53 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by A13 View Post
i'm having this issue with one of my bookings.
weirdly can log out of my BAEC and just log into the booking itself in the app.
dont get it..
Old Oct 17, 19, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
App issue: calendar syncs every time I open the app

I recently downloaded the most recent iOS version (13.1.2), and now every time I open the BA app all of my BA reservations sync with my calendar even though they all had synced previously. Itís quite annoying, with my calendar buzzing away as it does so.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there an easy fix?
boutela likes this.
Old Oct 17, 19, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, EI Concierge
I have the same issue... very annoying. No idea how to fix it.
Old Oct 17, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
I recently downloaded the most recent iOS version (13.1.2), and now every time I open the BA app all of my BA reservations sync with my calendar even though they all had synced previously. It’s quite annoying, with my calendar buzzing away as it does so.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there an easy fix?
Exact same issue here, incredibly annoying. I ended up turning off the Siri and Search function in the iPhone settings menu for the BA app and that stopped it.

In case it's of use to anyone
1.Tap settings icon
2. Scroll down to British Airways on settings menu and tap on it
3. Tap siri and search option
4. Toggle all the buttons to off

This worked for me!

Last edited by G-BUSI; Oct 17, 19 at 5:23 am Reason: added steps

Search this Thread