Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:35 am

When I try the "add to calendar" button in the Android app, I get a popup saying:

"Please note, you will need to add a calendar on this device before adding your booking"

I assume by that they mean a Google calendar, several of which I use constantly each day.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by ppp909
When I try the "add to calendar" button in the Android app, I get a popup saying:

"Please note, you will need to add a calendar on this device before adding your booking"

I assume by that they mean a Google calendar, several of which I use constantly each day.
Assuming this is Android ...

It actually probably means the app doesn't have permission to the calendar. Go into settings -> Apps -> British Airways -> Permissions

Then check the calendar is set.
ppp909 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:15 pm

That was it. None of the permissions were set. The error message makes no sense, but problem solved.
Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I keep getting the reCaptcha now in the iOS app, it's really annoying.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone have experience of using the BA flights app on the Apple Watch?

I have upcoming flights (within the next couple of days) showing on the iPhone app, but not on the Watch - it just says 'You have no upcoming flights within the next 7 days'.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by JackFlash
Does anyone have experience of using the BA flights app on the Apple Watch?

I have upcoming flights (within the next couple of days) showing on the iPhone app, but not on the Watch - it just says 'You have no upcoming flights within the next 7 days'.
My next flight isn't till the 2nd of November, but it's showing on the Watch app.

TBH I haven't found much use for BA on the watch, except for discrete alerts by wrist-tap. (This is true for lots of apps.) The boarding passes look cool, but they don't fit under the Heathrow scanners!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by boutela
My next flight isn't till the 2nd of November, but it's showing on the Watch app.

TBH I haven't found much use for BA on the watch, except for discrete alerts by wrist-tap. (This is true for lots of apps.) The boarding passes look cool, but they don't fit under the Heathrow scanners!
I agree. First time I tried traveling only using the BP on the watch I disabled the auto-lock, and held it in my hand instead of on the wrist. Works fine, but... Paper or phone BP is much easier, somehow.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
The only time I use the watch app is on the day of the flight. It vibrates and tells me which gate to go to. But then again so does the app on my phone, as do the displays around the terminal!

Bri
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
After today's glorious update to the Android App, I'm now unable to log in to my BAEC account on my phone.

Nice work.

Looks like I'm back to a paper BP for my flight at the weekend.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Have they changed check-in?
Normally I get the option to choose to download my BP, pick up later etc., but this time it was a straight check-in and the BP appeared on the screen.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I'm still getting an invalid_grant error message every time I open the app after the update.

Completely unusable now, as it tells me to log in but won't let me log in.
Richard Spalding likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
I'm still getting an invalid_grant error message every time I open the app after the update.

Completely unusable now, as it tells me to log in but won't let me log in.
Yes, same for me.
Got a new phone, thought it was caused by the new one but fails on the old phone as well.

Specifics: Google Pixel 2xl. Android 8.0 (Oreo).
Open the BA app. Shows "Book a flight", "My account" and "My Bookings" buttons.
Pressing "Home" gives "unable to update data" [Wifi and mobile data working fine.]

Selecting "My Account" pops up:
"invalid_grant

You have been logged out because there was an authentication problem."
OK button. That gives me a "Log in" prompt for login id/password. Enter those, "Login" -> get the same invalid_grant error.

Pretty easily reproduced.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've been logged out 2 or 3 times. I just press the back button on my phone and I'm logged in again
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
I've been logged out 2 or 3 times. I just press the back button on my phone and I'm logged in again
Pressing the back button exits the app.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by gormless
Yes, same for me.
Got a new phone, thought it was caused by the new one but fails on the old phone as well.
OK, BA: here's the issue. Your developers need to fix this.
Here's the system log from my phone:

********** PLEASE READ ************
* New versions of the Android SDK no longer support the Crypto provider.
* If your app was relying on setSeed() to derive keys from strings, you
* should switch to using SecretKeySpec to load raw key bytes directly OR
* use a real key derivation function (KDF). See advice here :
* http://android-developers.blogspot.c...ecated-in.html
Returning an instance of SecureRandom from the Crypto provider
as a temporary measure so that the apps targeting earlier SDKs
keep working. Please do not rely on the presence of the Crypto
provider in the codebase, as our plan is to delete it
completely in the future.

So, the BA Android app is using a deprecated API and has gotten away with it until Oreo release. Seems the developers need to get working on a fix.

What Android version are other people seeing this error running?
EDIflyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.