Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by BA App Official
Hi msm2000uk,

Sorry, nothing imminent on Android smart watches.

Warm regards

Nick
Thanks for the update Nick - much appreciated.

Best,

M
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Thanks for the update Nick. I was just looking up this thread to post about being unable to add new bookings, hopefully now sorted ^.
App updated and the booking which would add is now added - still comes up with the same error initially but then the second stage fix does find it.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by BA App Official
We've released new versions of the app on iPhone and Android today.

Android

- Bookings including young adult passengers (12-15 years old) can now be made directly in the app.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.

The latest version of the Android app will be rolled out in the Play Store over the next few days.

Warm regards

Nick
Thanks, I see the selected seat number in the new 4.3 version!

When the 'Add to calendar' feature will allocate time according to flight duration and not a fixed 1 hour, please?

And I just see that the meetings created have no reminders? The old BB app had 0 minutes for check-in (which was a day in advance, 0 minute long meeting), then 1 hour for the actual flight (meeting length accoring to the flight duration). Private vs. default visibility was a choice in settings in the app. That was perfect...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
This looks like the right place to ask a question that is really not that important, but bugs me!

For some reason, when I collect my boarding pass for the 17:40 flight from LHR to LBA, it always comes up with a white boarding pass saying I am Emerald. Outbound LBA-LHR flight is always gold as is EVERY other BA flight I take, but every time I get the evening LBA flight I have a white boarding pass!

Weird glitch
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ah well they're all white on Android (just a little gold bit along the top) - on the upside the text is really big and readable so cabin crew seem to find them much easier to read
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:10 am

An idiosyncrasy I've spotted.

I have a booking with American - it has BA flights in it (booked under the AA flight code).

The BA website shows me the BA prime codes under MMB.
The Android app home screen shows me the AA codes
The Android app "more details on this booking" screen shows me the BA codes.

It's not exactly critical ... but some consistency would be nice :-)

But on the plus side - the latest update is now showing all my BA seat assignments (fixing the last release) - including on the 'more details' page for second and onward flights (which it never used to at all!)
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonnywishbone
This looks like the right place to ask a question that is really not that important, but bugs me!

For some reason, when I collect my boarding pass for the 17:40 flight from LHR to LBA, it always comes up with a white boarding pass saying I am Emerald. Outbound LBA-LHR flight is always gold as is EVERY other BA flight I take, but every time I get the evening LBA flight I have a white boarding pass!

Weird glitch
How are you checking in for these flights?

I find that if I checked in with AA because my BA flight is connecting from AA, then I get "Emerald" and no gold tint.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:07 pm

Only one way to check in for a Leeds London day return and that's on BA!

Nick is looking at it as it is clearly a weird glitch..... Funny how it is only EVER an LBA flight! I know we are just a slot sitter but I am starting to get a complex now!!!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Only one way to check in for a Leeds London day return and that's on BA!

Nick is looking at it as it is clearly a weird glitch..... Funny how it is only EVER an LBA flight! I know we are just a slot sitter but I am starting to get a complex now!!!
I am getting more of these sapphire white passes. On the outbound my NCL-LHR is OK but the next connecting flight is white. Then on return the flight to LHR is Silver and then my LHR-NCL is white again, weird.

In the past two weeks this has happened on DUB, KBP and DUS trips.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:25 am

Maybe it's an anti-Northerners thing???!!!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Maybe it's an anti-Northerners thing???!!!
Haha with BA it's always possible but I think that's more the sales/marketing team (eg CE sales all London only), the app team seem pretty good
Old May 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Boarding pass problem

When trying to collect a boarding pass on iPhone iOS 9.3.1 my wife gets the message 'Sorry, there is a problem with Passbook'. I tried on my phone to collect on the same booking and same issue. Any ideas? She was annoyed as she has just turned silver so wanted the silver pass!
Old May 4, 2016, 2:38 am

Passbook error when trying to download boarding pass to iPhone??
Old May 4, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I don't see my seat selections on the android app (4.3 version) unless I select view my seats on each individual booking. Not a huge problem in the general scheme of things just irritating.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Having problems with the 3 May release on Android. Tried on phone and tablet and replicates problem.

Basically not downloading Boarding Passes.

Checked in online. No problem. Selected to get pass on mobile and email as well.
On mobile app, still have option to 'Check in/Get BP'. Select this and it then it goes to retrieve checkin status. Then displays that I am checked in and shows status in green as 'checked in - boarding pass issued'.

Select Boarding pass option to 'Get BP on mobile' & press Go - message says to return to home screen to download pass.

Select Home.

Still showing 'Check-in/Get boarding pass
Go to My boarding passes - nothing present.

Checked back at BA.com - definitiely showing there that I have checked in and no option to do so again.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled - no joy. Never had this issue before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.