Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
No upgrade appeared for me, so I uninstalled the app and re-downloaded it to get the latest Andriod version.
Looks different and more simplistic, like something a 5yo child would have knocked up, but it does let me top up. Very sluggish / less fluid than before, and an extra step or two for verification, but it works so far.
I think you're talking about the Executive Club App for Avios, not the BA App that is used for flights?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Broken on Android again I see. Cannot login. Useful. Not.

Actually it's unable to retrieve any bookings or indeed actually log me in. 💩
Old Mar 15, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
It seems the latest update has destroyed the Android app again.

Allowed me to check-in and issued my BP which I used to pass security and get into the Escape lounge at Manc.

Now the BA App has decided I have no flights and have no boarding passes available. Fingers crossed it fixes itself before departure so I can board.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by bhbloke
It seems the latest update has destroyed the Android app again.

Allowed me to check-in and issued my BP which I used to pass security and get into the Escape lounge at Manc.

Now the BA App has decided I have no flights and have no boarding passes available. Fingers crossed it fixes itself before departure so I can board.
If not too late, try closing the app from your "open app window" and re-opening. I find if it's running in the background and i just open it again, I get the same issue as you describe.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Is it just me or is the lounge wifi password no longer shown in the app?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stijnec
Is it just me or is the lounge wifi password no longer shown in the app?
there is no lounge wifi password anymore.
stijnec likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've been unable to update any bookings on the Android app for a good week now. "Unable to update data" and stuck back in 1970.
Logging out, reinstalling etc. and nothing.

The BA app for the pre-paid Mastercard logs me out at least twice a week as well.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:43 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Same issue for me re not picking up new bookings, although thankfully clearing all data and re-logging in seemed to do the trick. Pretty appalling how poor the app still is after all these years!
Old Apr 24, 2023, 6:13 am

I've been unable to update any bookings on the Android app for a good week now. "Unable to update data" and stuck back in 1970.

The BA app for the pre-paid Mastercard logs me out at least twice a week as well.
Same for me on the Mastercard thing
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is there a way to stay permanently logged in? I hate having to log in all the time. Security trump convenience.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:15 am

Just for information, after acquiring a new Samsung phone none of my more recent bookings were showing on the App even when I manually entered booking reference. A quick delete and re-install of the App and they were all showing.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
Is anyone else getting the issue where check-in on the Android app is 23 hours before the flight, but on the website it's 24 hours before (as it should be)?
My flight is at 15:30 tomorrow. It's now 15:40. The app says "Check in opens in 50 minutes". My phone time / zone is correct.
I hesitate to re-install in case something more critical breaks.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by apacuk
Is anyone else getting the issue where check-in on the Android app is 23 hours before the flight, but on the website it's 24 hours before (as it should be)?
My flight is at 15:30 tomorrow. It's now 15:40. The app says "Check in opens in 50 minutes". My phone time / zone is correct.
I hesitate to re-install in case something more critical breaks.
Make sure you're getting the time zones right (i.e. where are you vs where the flight originates from) and then check in using ba.com (web browser).
Old May 2, 2023, 5:26 am

I updated the BA app over the weekend. Since then I have been unable to use it: either the log-in times out or I am told I need to upgrade my iphone’s ios (unlikely since the app requires only ios 14.0 or later (which I have). Is this another instance of BA’s IT (in)capability or would it be something to do with my particular iphone? Or should I just wait and the problem will right itself – or be righted through a further app update?
Old May 2, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco

Stuck in 1970...?

Wow, have you got an exciting time to come

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.