Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
For those that have any kind of issues on Android make sure that you upgrade to version 4.57 (or later once they come out).
4.57 introduced a bot protection feature for a list of API endpoints and those clients (i.e. older Android apps) that are not aware of this will receive the 403 Forbidden error message that popped up here.
Users of older Android apps should receive a notification that a new release is available when starting the app.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
For those that have any kind of issues on Android make sure that you upgrade to version 4.57 (or later once they come out).
4.57 introduced a bot protection feature for a list of API endpoints and those clients (i.e. older Android apps) that are not aware of this will receive the 403 Forbidden error message that popped up here.
Users of older Android apps should receive a notification that a new release is available when starting the app.
I'm on 4.57 and app can't update any data. I've stopped using the app some time ago as it's unreliable and just frustrates me
Old Oct 23, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
3-4 days now of being unable to log in, or I'm not connected to the Internet. Latest Android version.

Tried over wi-fi and 4G.

Added: got home last night, logged in using the desktop site on my PC, and then could log in on my phone over wi-fi.
This morning, no Internet connection again, so 4G is useless with app at present for me.

Last edited by xenole; Oct 25, 2021 at 12:21 am
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:49 pm

I've been plagued with the 'You are offline' messages for about a week. Deleted app and re-installed, then logged in again and it seems to have gone away ... for now.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Same here. Over a week of 'you appear to be offline' messages unless an active WIFI connection is on. For me, to have the app for a national airline to effectively be 'off-line' for a week, unless used with a WIFI connection is incredibly poor and from review of the BA website, there is no easy way to report this to them.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:34 pm

The usual wi-fi only day yesterday. Everything fine once I got home, but nothing whilst using data.
At present, "unable to update data" again, with 1970 being the last time it was updated.

The AA app, whilst better, has the occasional time where it says "last updated 1st October" even though you did it minutes beforehand. Not just BA, although not quite the same scale.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
yes, but it's definitely flakey - not something you can rely on
Yep, same issue back here too...
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Horatio
Yep, same issue back here too...
I have had the "you seem to be offline" issue for the last 2-3 weeks. It started when I was abroad and I had to get a paper boarding pass which meant a long queue. I can't check my account or future flights any more using the app. I tried clearing cache and then deleting and reinstalling the program. But no luck. The only way to use your phone is to navigate to the desktop site using an Android browser.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 4:02 am

No change here.

Unless you're on wi-fi, you can't connect as there's no 4G data Internet connection.
Tends to fail to refresh during the day, but generally OK at home after 9pm.

If I go to the desktop site, I can't view any of my bookings as it can't find any. Haven't been able to for a few days now.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
Whatever you do: don't log out!
Old Oct 29, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by firstlight
or someone is trying to rearchitect it
Well, family accounts will be inaccessible for a week and there was rumour that Avios could become a separate hub that's delinked from individual OW accounts... But if IB, AY, etc aren't having the same issues then I can't think it's related.
Full circle: it's prolly just amateur hour...
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:25 am

Just noticed my iPhone 11 battery life fell off a cliff over the last few days. Looked into the battery usage menu and discovered the BA app has been consuming 54% of battery….in the background .
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:07 am

Is this still broken for anyone on Android?
Bookings show "Last Updated 1st Jan 1970" and refreshing the account bit gives "we are currently unable to retrieve data. Please check and try again"

Hasn't worked for days now.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by xenole
Is this still broken for anyone on Android?
Bookings show "Last Updated 1st Jan 1970" and refreshing the account bit gives "we are currently unable to retrieve data. Please check and try again"

Hasn't worked for days now.
Same for me really frustrating
Old Nov 5, 2021, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by jordie
Same for me really frustrating
It was working at 6:34am today. Didn't work again after that. No idea if there's a certain quieter period when it functions briefly, and once people start flying, it grinds to a halt?

Added: Tried at 8:40pm on the 8th and all fine again.
Do need to further experiment to see if there are specific times. If I can't fly anywhere at that time, it may work. Times when flights are leaving say LHR, it fails.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 8, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.