Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passageways between T5 A, B, and C Gates

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2014, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The separate travelators are required to provide redundancy (one long one breaking down for the whole distance would cause more problems than a short one for part of the distance) and maintainability.

There are also multiple fire doors for fire compartmentation along the corridor which means a single travelator would not be possible.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
I presume I can take the train to T5B then walk back to T5A via the tunnel and still remain airside when getting back to T5A.

Got a long layover at T5 coming up and I may go for a wonder around, maybe lounge hop over to Galleries in T5B.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
I presume I can take the train to T5B then walk back to T5A via the tunnel and still remain airside when getting back to T5A.

Got a long layover at T5 coming up and I may go for a wonder around, maybe lounge hop over to Galleries in T5B.
That's possible although ensure that you've confirmed you know the way back to the tunnel before going to the lounge and you leave enough time to get back to 5A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.