FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Executive Club Premier Membership (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1577636-executive-club-premier-membership.html)

OWBA May 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Executive Club Premier Membership

While I realize that Premier is invitation-only, the rest of the descriptions provided here or on the BA web site is rather vaguely worded. If we have anyone with us who actually holds this tier, would you mind sharing how you got there with the rest of us? I highly doubt I'll ever get there, but having the information would be interesting.

stu1985 May 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Flying BA. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots...... ;)

David-A May 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 22875815)
Flying BA. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots...... ;)

I note the wink at the end!

For the benefit of the OP and anyone reading this: no amount of flying will get you it.

Originally Posted by OWBA (Post 22875739)
If we have anyone with us who actually holds this tier, would you mind sharing how you got there with the rest of us?

I believe it is much more a question of who you are and what you do. So I very much doubt anyone would post openly anything more than a broad statement (if they wished to identify themselves). I believe there are (or have been) the odd Prem on FT.

I highly doubt I'll ever get there, but having the information would be interesting.
Do not view it as being the top rung on the BAEC (BA customer loyalty) ladder. View it as being something within the gift of BA itself, to very select people - who might not be that excessive travelers.

If you want one, ignore your travel - forget about it, just use BA when you can when travelling, and focus on the rest of your life (business and personal), probably get you more into the scenario where you might end up with one than worrying about travel.

But there are hardly any Premiers in numerical terms.

bryand83 May 16, 2014 1:58 pm

I worked with a guy who had one. Concorde return twice a month for half a decade and who knows how much flying before and after. In the end I suspect it had as much to do with the fact he ran a ftse 100 company and dictated BA was the only airline they could use that sealed the deal.

It was a pretty cool looking card.

LondonElite May 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Responsible for £2m plus in revenue to BA and you make the list that's up for election. Whether you actually fly or not is probably secondary.

HIDDY May 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by David-A (Post 22875907)

But there are hardly any Premiers in numerical terms.

Plus I imagine the few that there are have better things to do than browse this forum to give us first hand experience. :D

jerry a. laska May 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Have a look at this older thread (among others) that discusses the Premier level:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...0-premier.html

Swanhunter May 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 22875980)
Plus I imagine the few that there are have better things to do than browse this forum to give us first hand experience. :D

Wrong... There are are 4 - to my knowledge - that have posted here.

You also have to be nominated by a senior contact in BA which is then approved at an even more senior level.

HIDDY May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 22876168)
Wrong... There are are 4 - to my knowledge - that have posted here..

I trust you know them personally rather than what their FT profile says? There's been quite a few dodgy ones on this forum throughout the years. ;)

carat22 May 16, 2014 4:08 pm

I have seen a list of Premiers and I won't break any confidentiality however they are the sort of people you would expect i.e CEO's, celebs, dignitaries.

As said previously it really doesn't matter how much you fly you won't get one.

Globaliser May 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Surely the number must be at least 5 by now? ;)

HIDDY May 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 22876749)
Surely the number must be at least 5 by now? ;)

The Mods gave out a lot of free rein in those days.

Fun read.

c1223 May 17, 2014 9:27 am

There's one in my family. Ask some questions and I'll try and get them answered.

Hubbabridge May 17, 2014 9:38 am

I understand that they status match you to Prem if you have a Tesco Clubcard and a Nectar Card...

Jimmie76 May 17, 2014 11:01 am

You also have to be nominated by a senior contact in BA which is then approved at an even more senior level.

Of the Premiers that I know one was a FOCM (RIP*) and the other ran a business that "easily" (their word not mine) spent more than £2m with BA a year. The perks varied depending on the flight, but they were often surprised when an upgrade was offered. Not sure if they were joking but the fact that the calls to BA are answered almost instantly was the best perk apparently.

*the person obviously not the acronym meaning.