Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marrakech lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You will find it in the Africa section via the Forum Dashboard.

Yes, there is a lounge there, which often features in the "BA worst lounges" thread, typically by those who didn't make it to ALA. Or indeed KRK. With low expectations, and not arriving hungry, I don't think it's appalling, merely bad. The guy on reception may well rush round with coffee and drinks if necessary. It's airside, in the middle of the concourse behind the shops and away from the gates / apron. Not too tricky to find.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Yes, there is a lounge there, which often features in the "BA worst lounges" thread, typically by those who didn't make it to ALA. Or indeed KRK. With low expectations, and not arriving hungry, I don't think it's appalling, merely bad. The guy on reception may well rush round with coffee and drinks if necessary. It's airside, in the middle of the concourse behind the shops and away from the gates / apron. Not too tricky to find.
I would agree with these comments at least the lounge is opposite the gate usually used by the BA flights. On one occasion there the guy in charge was trying to enofrce a maximum of two drinks per person, but there was no sign of any such restriction when I was last there. I will be back there again on Wednesday.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by tuff
Does anyone know if the lounge is still available? There is no mention of one on the BA lounge database.
should be still there

Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A limited selection of snack food and drinks (wine, beer and soft drinks). WC outside. Free wifi.

Better than nothing and nicer than ALA!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was there yesterday and had fairly low expectations, but it wasn't quite as bad as I expected. There was only 2 other people in there when we arrived. It was, as explained up thread, just a square room with a small area for food and drink, with a large tv showing a football match and wifi provided (not particularly speedy though).
The food was in a refrigerated cabinet and covered with cling film and consisted of filled rolls (ham or cheese) and some sweet pastries. There were 3 fridges with drinks in - one for soda and beer, one for water and one with wine in. There was a coffee machine and a pot of the ubiquitous mint tea - but the coffee machine had run out of milk and there was no other milk (eventually they did bring some cartons of longlife milk). Clean glasses ran low quickly but other than the lack of toilets it wasn't too bad an area to spend a fairly short time.
Now, toilets - the queues were huge! The toilets closest to the lounge had 2 ladies cubicles (not sure about the mens, but there was a long queue for those too!) - and I had to wait in line for about 10 mins I would think!
There are other facilities over the other side - but I could see that those queues were equally as long. So basically, whether you are in the lounge or not, don't wait til the last minute to go to the loo!

Finally, the lounge had a sign up saying that priority pass access was temporarily suspended (not sure how common that is, but we saw quite a lot of people turned away).

We took advantage of the £150 CE from Gatwick promotion and had an amazing time in Marrakech - after the initial culture shock of almost being mown down by donkeys, being greeted by uber keen shop keepers in the souks, and just the sounds, sights and smells. We loved hearing the call to prayer - although the 5.30 one wasn't so well received! Especially as we were in a riad right opposite a mosque! A great experience!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Maybe if they are suspending PP, that would help. 4 of us were in RAK in the summer and literally walked in, gave our vouchers to the guy on the desk, walked one step further in and then turned on our heels and left. I'm not sure how the vouchers work but I guess BA had to shell out for the 4 of us to the lounge, despite us not staying.

There is a café overlooking the aircraft which was friendly, reasonably priced, had free wifi and was a much much better experience!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AlisonB84
after the initial culture shock of almost being mown down by donkeys
Marginally better than being mown down by camels I suppose. Or snake charmers / fire eaters. But yes, a fantastic place to visit if you have a modicum of patience and a good riad / hotel to relax in afterwards.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Undoubtedly the worst airport lounge I have (not) sat in. It was packed, they were very suspcious of anyone who tried to enter, and as advised above chose to sit out in the more spacious main terminal instead.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
it might have helped if I had looked under the correct country! For some reason I thought it was in Tunisia!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I think I've given an update on the Africa Lounge Dashboard based on my (extended) stay there last Monday. As others have said - it's simple; come with low expectations and some rolls, some nice pastries and a few drinks will definitely beat them.

Also: not even the worst if Africa - the old NBO lounge beat that by some distance.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by neofung
should be still there
Can you please resize you picture, it's far too large. Thank you.

As for the lounge itself, this one falls into the 'give it a miss' category. It's a windowless room with bad furniture and worse drinks. Order something outside and look out the big terminal windows.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by AlisonB84
We took advantage of the £150 CE from Gatwick promotion and had an amazing time in Marrakech - after the initial culture shock of almost being mown down by donkeys, being greeted by uber keen shop keepers in the souks, and just the sounds, sights and smells. We loved hearing the call to prayer - although the 5.30 one wasn't so well received! Especially as we were in a riad right opposite a mosque! A great experience!
It is a wonderful place to visit - one of my favourite holidays in recent years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.