Search

BA Pajammas

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
BA Pajammas

Hi all-

I'm flying a TATL on BA for the first time next week. My wife and I will be in CW on the A380. Sounds silly, but I'd really love a pair of BA pajammas to sleep in. What are the odds the cabin crew would hook me up? First world problem, I know.

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2014, 12:59 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
They are not offered in CW. If you would like some, you will need to upgrade to First.

A cheaper option would be to bring your own, or buy BA First ones on eBay.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
If discovered wearing the BA PJs in CW, however, you will be publicly shamed by the purser.

Appearances must be maintained, you understand.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I have never seen anyone wearing BA or general pyjamas in CW. I only saw someone taking off trousers/jeans.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
BA Pajammas

I wear my F jimjams in CW all the time.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I wear my Qantas ones although I swap the top for a plain t-shirt so it's less obvious.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No PJs in CW on BA at lla I am afraid.

I always bring my own and change in to them when going to sleep in CW. Yes there is the initial feeling of self-conciousness the first time you do it but I am beyond that now. At the end of the day sleeping in your day clothes is not comfortable - when would you ever sleep in them at home? Also you don't end up getting off the plane wearing clothes you have just slept in.

Last edited by KARFA; May 12, 2014 at 2:23 am
Old May 12, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bchips
What are the odds the cabin crew would hook me up?
Remote, I'm afraid. Whenever I fly in F there aren't enough of the items like slippers, socks, pyjamas for everyone in the cabin, let alone other cabins. This is pretty consistent though it's usually presented apologetically as a one-off aberration.

If you really want to acquire a pair your best bet is probably ebay.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by fripperies
Remote, I'm afraid. Whenever I fly in F there aren't enough of the items like slippers, socks, pyjamas for everyone in the cabin, let alone other cabins. This is pretty consistent though it's usually presented apologetically as a one-off aberration...
I do find this statement a little off the mark, that is your reference to it being 'consistent'. I'm fortunate in that I've managed to fly in F on all my long haul trips (bar 2) over the last 3 years (over a hundred sectors) and I've always received the items you mention. Yes, some are now on request, but they are usually available. Indeed on recent flights they have been offered proactively more often than not.

I know I've read the odd report here of the occasional item not being available but it certainly isn't a constant problem in my experience.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All should be offered proactively and are not on request.
I would advice against asking for a sleeper suit if you are travelling in CW as you will very likely be refused.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by KARFA

At the end of the day sleeping in your day clothes is not comfortable - when would you ever sleep in them at home?
In the lounge, in front of the TV.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I usually come on to a l/h flight (whether day or night) wearing something like a shirt/trousers and jacket or jumper. I either have BA-issued or home-issued clothes for the flight, loose top, comfortable but loose bottoms. Not football training gear or Juicy Couture, but I think you get the idea. Lufthansa gives out a very nice F van Laack set. With an hour to go, I change back in my clothes which are neither creased nor have the sucked up airplane+sweat smell.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I have never seen anyone wearing BA or general pyjamas in CW. I only saw someone taking off trousers/jeans.
That must be me - I was trying to strip discreetly.

I occasionally wear my CX F pajamas on BA and SQ flights in J and always get complimented by the crew! Never received any compliments though if I wear QF ones... frankly they look rather sloppy after few washes.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
In the lounge, in front of the TV.
Haha, good point. You forgot when having too much to drink and going to sleep wherever you happen to be - not that has ever happened to me of course
Old May 12, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Plenty of people wearing PJs (BA and not) in CW on HND - LHR last month. This was before I was upgraded to First on that same flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.