Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Pajammas

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Also you don't end up getting off the plane wearing clothes you have just slept in.
Doesn't bother me. I can never be bothered to change into pajamas on a flight.
Old May 12, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
No issues with receiving pyjamas on F flights.

I would not ask as a J passenger as all stock onboard is limited and it is not part of the J product.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 26, 2014 at 10:59 pm
Old May 12, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I wear my F jimjams in CW all the time.
Of course, we always do. Can't understand why some people don't think it's appropriate. Just hanging on to the few pairs of A380 PJs that are no longer issued!
Old May 12, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
BA Pajammas

I wear F jimjams in CW too, as well as UA J. Just much more comfortable than the jeans I'm usually wearing during travelling.

I don't think it's inappropriate to be comfortable, in fact it should be encouraged.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
Doesn't bother me. I can never be bothered to change into pajamas on a flight.
Fair enough. For me it is partly this issue i.e. not getting off in clothes I have worn the previous day and slept in for a few hours, and also the comfort issue as noted by others as well. I usually take a fresh shirt to put on when I wake up as well. I guess it is also part of a "going to bed" routine for me to get changed. Having started doing this a few years ago I really can't see myself going back to not having pajamas.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by seanp7
... I don't think it's inappropriate to be comfortable, in fact it should be encouraged.
Indeed, I never travel wearing a suit (if I can avoid it). When flying I dress purely for comfort, not to impress. I don't mind looking like a slob when I'm travelling
Old May 12, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
probably have around 20 sets and I wear them regularly at home in the evening.

However, funny that I have never worn them on the actual plane!!

I always fear waking up 20 mins before landing and not having time to change - I nearly always do this.

And then having to walk though US immigration with them on.....

I think it would spoil my sleep, if I had to worry about getting changed back, before seatbelts came on..
Old May 12, 2014, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
My wife thinks they are a huge style flop (and chuckles inwardly when I wear them when we travel together "putting on our little DYKWIA jimjams from BA with all your Flyertalking friends, are we?" said with high pitched cynicism). The trouble with the BA PJs is that they are really shapeless and sloppy looking, especially after a few washes, as noted above. My current favourites in this respect are what LH gives out. Trousers more structured, top is thicker material and with buttons. The SQ set is nice too I think.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by uk1
Can I just say how much i prefer your spelling of Pajammas which is so much more exotic than the current boring version. Brazilian I'd say.
That's what I get for typing at night. Yes, in the US we write pajamas. I actually say PJs, but I didn't want to say that for fear it meant something else to you Brits.

I guess I can just bring along my VA pajamas -- that'll show them for not giving sets out to the CW folk.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The trouble with the BA PJs is that they are really shapeless and sloppy looking, especially after a few washes, as noted above. My current favourites in this respect are what LH gives out. Trousers more structured, top is thicker material and with buttons. The SQ set is nice too I think.
Of the inflight leisure wear I've been lucky enough to get I liked the QF J ones the best......although a bit flimsy I do like the kangaroo motif. BA's are not the most flattering but at least they are 100% cotton and were better than the thick TG lilac ones which made me look like a two year old at bed time. Lufty were too stingy to hand out a full set on our 14 hour day flight preferring to give me a cheap awful looking 60% polyester top instead. United don't even bother.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:53 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by bchips
That's what I get for typing at night. Yes, in the US we write pajamas. I actually say PJs, but I didn't want to say that for fear it meant something else to you Brits.
Quite right.

We are blessed with Cockney Rhyming Slang which is often shortened to confuse and abuse.

PJ's = PJ Proby's = Bogies

Old May 12, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, BAEC Gold
I don't take the offer of onboard pyjamas in F, but always travel with a pair of lightweight sweatpants / tracksuit bottoms to change into. Those and a t-shirt are infinitely more comfortable than the starchy rough feeling BA "pyjamas".
Old May 12, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by btbx11
I don't take the offer of onboard pyjamas in F, but always travel with a pair of lightweight sweatpants / tracksuit bottoms to change into. Those and a t-shirt are infinitely more comfortable than the starchy rough feeling BA "pyjamas".
Well they are 100% cotton, so technically the same material as sweatpants and t shirts. Unlike other airlines offerings (yes, AA, I'm talking about your 90% polyester set!).
Old May 12, 2014, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
BA Pajammas

But it's really thin material. I usually wear something underneath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.