Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight report: EDI-LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Great read Hope to get to the front of the 747 one day….
Old May 9, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Good read, thanks for sharing. I did my first CW redemption 3 weeks ago and secretly hoped for an upgrade when I stuck my CX Gold FF# in my booking to let me choose seats but it wasn't to be.
Old May 9, 2014, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Just catching up with this- glad a few of you enjoyed it. If I can ever get round to it I might post a report of the JFK-LAX flight that followed in F on the new A321- but that would have to be over in 'the other place'...(AA board!)

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just don't fall asleep if you can avoid it!
As soon as the sun was down I was out like a baby! I got your rule of leaving the CCR for the gate wrong, I'm sure- was it 32mins or something like that?

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
was there not some talk one time about changing the departure gates for BA to be closer to the BA lounge
I remember reading that on here but sadly I think it was just a hope. On the other hand the new lounge will be handier for the international gates for US and Qatar I imagine.

Originally Posted by our_kid
Great read Hope to get to the front of the 747 one day….
You're in the right place then! Please post a few piccies when you do! ^

Originally Posted by mc1973
Good read, thanks for sharing. I did my first CW redemption 3 weeks ago and secretly hoped for an upgrade when I stuck my CX Gold FF# in my booking to let me choose seats but it wasn't to be.
I have never been op-uped (), which is perhaps a good thing as I never expect it! Although being 6ft2in I really can't get comfy enough to sleep in WT or WT+ so tend to book CW, and I imagine the CW to F list is generally short and sparkly with status!
Old May 9, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Nice read ^

I haven't been to Keens in years but every time I go I love looking at all the churchwarden pipes.
It's a great piece of Anglo-American history.

H
Old May 9, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good read & some lovely pictures there, especially the sunset one. Reminds me that I have to make a trip in the pointy end of a 747 before they're gone. Keen's is a great steakhouse, although I remember very little of the last time I was there. Think that may have been to do with the rather nice red wine...
Old May 10, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by crazy8534

I remember reading that on here but sadly I think it was just a hope. On the other hand the new lounge will be handier for the international gates for US and Qatar I imagine.

not that its a big deal really as no gate is much more than a few minutes walk at most

its just I liked if I had a BMI flight as it was literally 4 steps

but I do need to lose a pound or two so every extra step counts
Old May 10, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
You went to Keens!! Lucky boy. I've been going to Keens for 10 years until I changed my job last year with no travel. Had the most fantastic meal with my family the night before I got married, before it became a trip advisor tourist trap. My god I miss the place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.