Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How can I get a weber BBQ FROM USA back with me on BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I get a weber BBQ FROM USA back with me on BA

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by aldaniti
Next week... " I want to bring an orphaned baby elephant from India on a companion ticket, will it have access to the arrivals lounge?"
With the added bonus that it can transport the BBQ in its trunk.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Freedom of speech
xxxxx

Last edited by PeasantGate; May 26, 2014 at 11:09 pm
Old May 7, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Maybe you could say it's your emotional support barbecue

Old May 7, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Or that you're Lady Gaga and it's fashion:

Old May 7, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
You could use it as carry on and utilise it as a bassinet...

Any in-flight screaming, just pop the lid down.

Last edited by aldaniti; May 7, 2014 at 7:48 am
Old May 7, 2014, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
As long as you have access to quality charcoal, just buy a Weber Performer Platinum and a couple of chimney starters. It will save you even more money (it should be under $400), should be able to be broken down into multiple boxes (total weight is 90 lbs), will deliver better results, and with the chimney starters it won't really be any more of a PITA to use than gas. Only thing that might be problematic is that you might need to stockpile charcoal for the winter months.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by LHR-HUB
Yes, there must be actual fire and flames for it to be called a BBQ.
Watch that kind of language in the parts of the US where this stuff is taken seriously. BBQ = smoke and low heat. Grill = flames. For BBQ, you will ideally offset your heat/smoke source and the meat will not sit atop it.
Old May 7, 2014, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by hillwalker2004
Agree - charcoal all the way, its not a proper BBQ unless the following criteria are met:
1) Spending 20mins to get the bugger lit
2) Eyes streaming with all of the smoke in your eyes
3) Half of the sausages falling through the wire mesh.
4) The other half of the sausages burnt to a crisp.
5) Being completely plastered by the end of it all
I have both a charcoal Weber One-touch and a gas grill. Gas is for hot dogs, burgers - anything needed quick and in volume. Charcoal is for roasts, whole chickens, rotisserie.

Any self respecting man should have both (a smoker is also an option but I've always thought it reeks of trying too hard!)
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:38 am

Bumped across this thread while researching a nice gas grill for Germany :-) (Don't start hating just yet...I know theres a lot of you charcoal lovers out there). I want to get a gas grill since they fire up easy, have very little cleanup, and will use it as a daily cooked on our terrace. I've bought a few grills in my day but the european ones just don't seem up to par with the ones that I've owned in the US. Where can you get decent grills on this side of the pond?

Another question - should I be prepared to spend 2-3 times as much over here compared to the US? I've looked at what you can get on amazon, ebay, and online portals. Haven't checked out many local grill shops but realistically, what I've seen so far is Weber which is INSANELY overpriced.

Any thoughts on this? Any experience on buying grills in Germany or the area that might be worth considering?

Cheers guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.