Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is anyone able to get through to BA on the phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Trying to make a booking that I see on AA but it isn't showing up on BA's website. Called earlier today and the recording said the wait time was 45 minutes. Called several more times starting this afternoon and I get a busy signal at the second prompt every time. Anyone know what's up?
Old May 1, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
it does take a long time to get through on the phone. I waited 52 minutes on monday, and then took another 23 minutes to complete a MFU booking. 75 minutes of my life that i'll never get back!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Trying to make a booking that I see on AA but it isn't showing up on BA's website. Called earlier today and the recording said the wait time was 45 minutes. Called several more times starting this afternoon and I get a busy signal at the second prompt every time. Anyone know what's up?
I'm getting a busy signal on the second prompt as well. Is this a common occurrence? Should I just try the other option, which is to get transferred to the regular (paid) reservations line?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Have you tried getting the booking by, from the BA.com homepage going on Manage My Booking > Travel agent booking in last 24 hours

And then putting in your details and AA PNR?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I've called BA 3 times in the past fortnight, enquiring about upgrade availability on flights. I've spent longer navigating through the IVR options than I have waiting for the call to be ultimately answered. It usually takes 2 minutes to get through the IVR to change an existing booking once you have listened to the blurb about call centres being open longer and did I know that I could manage my booking at ba.com. Once you select the final option, the call is answered almost immediately.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:05 pm

i did

last saturday, the US office.. took a while.. was able to book and AerLingus flight Boston-Dublin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.