Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should BA update their livery?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci

Don't get me wrong- I love the 'union flag' livery. I think it looks both sleek and friendly, although I am certainly no brand consultant. Sat in the flagship lounge at LAX just now and thinking what a good job AA have done with their new design. In marked contrast to how I felt when BA went funny and had different tail patterns on everything!

So what do you think- leave well alone or time for a change?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Blue
I agree that the new AA livery is very smart, and gives the airline a very fresh, modern, new look.

I also ask the same question myself about the BA livery, it's about 15 years old (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I still think it looks good. The design is very simple with a blue and white fuselage, with the Speedbird ribbon, and a wavy Union Flag. Simple design that is tireless, IMO.

But if Willie decides on a new livery, I hope he will put it to a vote here on BA FT - we would be able to decide better then the BA board.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I think yes, but when all the 747's are retired that is when i would implement it.

Also The brilliant white vs the older one also i feel is a nice improvement, look at the 777-300 and the 744 next to it. Seems much newer and fresher (as it is.)

Last edited by Jenzo; Apr 30, 2014 at 11:17 am
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
No full stop. BA have the best livery in the skies full stop. The speedmarque to the Union Jack interpretation is timeless (much like BA's landor livery). Why change it when it is not broken. Still looks quite modern but very elegant (especially with the crests being added on).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
After getting very badly burnt after the ethnic tails I think BA would be loath to change anything to do with their livery.

I think there are lot more things that could be done with the money a brand consultant would cost let alone all the repainting.

Then the complaints about how long the changeover is taking and how awful it is seeing mis-matched BA planes lined up.

RJD - the wavy Union Flag is called the 'Chatham Dockyard' version
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No.

And the AA livery is HIDEOUS.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: BA gold
The AA lively is great. Different.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No.

I find the tail design hideous but I quite like the rest.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:41 am

Leave it be. There are better things for BA to spend their money on than paying a consultant to come up with something new (I recall when EI paid a hefty sum for the swept shamrock on their tails), and then re-paint all the aircraft when they're in for heavy checks (usually at a different facility).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No.

I'm with you on this. I have no idea what that ovenmitt tail logo is meant to be. That eagle-wing-partofletterA-star widget is cool, but the tail, sheesh!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Absolutely not, BA might get many things wrong but the livery is one thing that is 100% correct.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Absolutely not, BA might get many things wrong but the livery is one thing that is 100% correct.
Do you happen to know if the remainder of the fleet is being painted in this new whiter white colour?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
The current livery looks fantastic all I think BA need to do is paint all aircraft in brilliant white.

No.

I actually like the new AA colours, was never a fan of the polished metal look. I think all they need to do it ditch the god awful red white and blue patten on the tail and replace it with the old AA logo.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
BA has one the best liveries in the sky. Smart and delicate at the same time, I wouldn't change anything of it.

I found the implementation if the coat of arm an awesome and cost effective idea, I would it even more visible in a darkish blue paint rather than the actual light blue/silver.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Just keep the effing planes clean, others manage it! So often they look grimy, especially the 747s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.