Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question: Earn double Avios with US Airways

Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

Has anyone got double Avios from US Airways flights?

I took a couple of US Airways flights last week and both journeys have been credited to my BAEC account. However, I have got double "TPs" instead of Avios.

Is this a known glitch or is it just me?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Damn! I'd rather have double TPs than Avios. That would make a TP trip to Hawaii VERY lucrative...
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Presumably this is economy? It's not actually double TPs, it's just that US is treating all their buckets as flexible and thus eligible for more TPs. There are also some AA buckets which also have a generous TP allowance but on a low-ish cost fare. The double Avios comes through in a separate transaction about a week later, so you should get those too, provided it wasn't issued on an AA codeshare. Have a look at this thread for more information and a more detailed discussion.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-guide.html
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Do you need to register for that? I have few upcoming flights with US, would love double TPs, don't mind double Avios either...
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CAlex
Do you need to register for that? I have few upcoming flights with US, would love double TPs, don't mind double Avios either...
No registration required other than that your travel needs to be scheduled before the end of June 2014. Again more details in the thread quoted above.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Presumably this is economy? It's not actually double TPs, it's just that US is treating all their buckets as flexible and thus eligible for more TPs. There are also some AA buckets which also have a generous TP allowance but on a low-ish cost fare. The double Avios comes through in a separate transaction about a week later, so you should get those too, provided it wasn't issued on an AA codeshare. Have a look at this thread for more information and a more detailed discussion.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-guide.html
Thanks for the clarification, I was not aware of that! I just saw 500 Avios + 500 Tier Bonus, so I thought it should have been 10 TPs.

I have realised a couple of "Special Promotion" (500 Avios each) rows appeared yesterday, which must be "Double Avios"!

EDIT: Additional Info
My OW status never showed up on boarding passes. I was about to be charged for luggage, I had to speak to a checkin agent. She then referred to an OW tier benefits table and manually removed the charge. She also typed my status into the system but nothing was printed on these passes. I therefore needed to show my BA card along with the boarding passes for lounges & priority boarding.

Last edited by Dark Blue; Apr 27, 2014 at 3:24 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.