Weekend day trip fares

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm going to have a day trip to BCN... if I take my CPT-BCN promotional fare
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:15 am
Suspended

Btw the Christmas market at Trier is great, it should open late November.
makeitthisfar likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Spot of lunch anyone ?

For tomorrow Sunday 11Nov LHR-MAD/GVA/ZRH/LIN can all be had for sub £90 day trip return ! All with early departure & evening return.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
What is the most straightforward way of finding all the possibilities for a given day? I had to resort to using low fare finder last time I booked one which wasn’t a particularly efficient way at all.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by lcylocal
What is the most straightforward way of finding all the possibilities for a given day? I had to resort to using low fare finder last time I booked one which wasn’t a particularly efficient way at all.
I just randomly looked for tomorrow & found them on BA app. Would only take ten minutes to check ten different destinations.

I’ve booked these in the past just the day beforehand totally adhoc.

Lovely days out they are !
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN

I just randomly looked for tomorrow & found them on BA app. Would only take ten minutes to check ten different destinations
Fair enough that’s how I’ve done it too. It is just a bit slow on busier days where maybe 5 of 40 possible destinations have availability.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lcylocal
What is the most straightforward way of finding all the possibilities for a given day?
Using the advanced options in ITA is one way of doing this. It's dead straightforward if you're used to using ITA, but I can see that it could baffle people who have not learnt their way around it.

Basically, you're trying to do a search like this:-

LON
ba /f bc=g
AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD, EEE
ba /f bc=g

You can just keep plugging alternative destinations in to the AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD, EEE line, in batches so that you don't overload the system - but the restriction to G class fares will make ITA's life easier.
makeitthisfar likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Hi all,

Bit of a shameless plug here, but I've uploaded a pictorial guide on how to find these fares on the BA website. It involves using the cheapest fare finder, setting the trip length to "a day trip" and then searching through each destination until you find something that works for you. They're still around, it just requires a little bit more searching now!

https://www.inflightwithjames.com/po...-a-ba-bargain/
Skipcool3 and squawk like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Hi all,

Bit of a shameless plug here, but I've uploaded a pictorial guide on how to find these fares on the BA website. It involves using the cheapest fare finder, setting the trip length to "a day trip" and then searching through each destination until you find something that works for you. They're still around, it just requires a little bit more searching now!

https://www.inflightwithjames.com/po...-a-ba-bargain/
Why can't you just do this with Google flights???
ringingup likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aristoph
Indeed - do a search from London to Europe, filter by Oneworld and select the dates.
Deltus and wilsnunn like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Indeed - do a search from London to Europe, filter by Oneworld and select the dates.
Exactly. I do it all the time (albeit not for a daytrip!)
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aristoph
The cheapest BA fares generally don't show up there. I'm sure it was mentioned here - possibly even in this very thread that BA don't release those fares to the public - and are only listed on ba.com

Either way, that method has worked for me for many years.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
The cheapest BA fares generally don't show up there. I'm sure it was mentioned here - possibly even in this very thread that BA don't release those fares to the public - and are only listed on ba.com

I have found daytrip fares on Google flights before as well as on kayak.com with a link to ba.com for booking those.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold

I always used Skyscanner for finding cheap weekend or day trips, never used BA as main source. Usually put LHR as start and Everywhere as destination and see what's available. Then check weather forecast to make sure weather will be good. I book only last minute, don't won't to risk bad weather. Sometimes EasyJet came up with good day trips when choosing Gatwick as departure. LHR is the best because you can park for free on weekend stone throw from terminal, Gatwick requires paying for parking.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I think it's ITA Matrix that may have problems with those fares (or it used to) but google flight and skyscanner worked for me in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.