Weekend day trip fares

Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by uk1
Nob question ...... how do you select two tickets. It doesn't seem to offer the option of selecting two tickets on the landing page that I can see.

Thanks.
Simples... right click the link and copy link location, then paste the link into your URL bar and edit the bit that says ad=1 to ad=2

e.g.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=HWDTWK1GLASAT

would become
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=HWDTWK1GLASAT

Alternatively just book the normal way through the home page.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:43 pm
uk1
Suspended

Thanks all.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks all.
My slightly complicated answer came about as I didn't realise that they were bookable from the main ba.com, but later checking showed it was.

For some copying an editing the URL might be quicker than going to the homepage.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:13 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by layz
My slightly complicated answer came about as I didn't realise that they were bookable from the main ba.com, but later checking showed it was.

For some copying an editing the URL might be quicker than going to the homepage.
Thanks ... thats great. Didn't know they were available on the standard site and I see that there seems a decent parking rate for T5 pod parking for Saturdays. £31.

I don't know how much latitude mods will allow but I'd love to see threads for each of the destinations on one-day specific shared tips for each. Don't really want that on the country specific forums. Common sense says go somewhere you know well, but we'd like to try some places we're less familiar with. Some of them are places without any hotels I've fancied so shoe-horning into a day is great.

Geneva first I think.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Just grabbed a couple of seats for a trip to Nice tomorrow. £177 for two return flights and I plan to get most of that back in LPGS value in the CCR in the morning!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:39 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by Globaliser
G class? It's right here (but note that it's not supposed to earn anything if used for redemptions by avios.com)
Ah yes, thanks. I think I was lettered out by the time I got to 'O'.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

So FM

How's your Nice day trip?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks ... thats great. Didn't know they were available on the standard site and I see that there seems a decent parking rate for T5 pod parking for Saturdays. £31.

I don't know how much latitude mods will allow but I'd love to see threads for each of the destinations on one-day specific shared tips for each. Don't really want that on the country specific forums. Common sense says go somewhere you know well, but we'd like to try some places we're less familiar with. Some of them are places without any hotels I've fancied so shoe-horning into a day is great.

Geneva first I think.
But still more expensive than a tube ride round trip
(though it is useful if you come from another part of the UK with limited air service-even then, I would offer free car hire in exchange for a liability shift in case of accident and protection against theft in exchange for depreciation caused by the use of the vehicle.)
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
But still more expensive than a tube ride round trip
(though it is useful if you come from another part of the UK with limited air service-even then, I would offer free car hire in exchange for a liability shift in case of accident and protection against theft in exchange for depreciation caused by the use of the vehicle.)
I must admit I have had a fair amount of wine this lunchtime .... but I have no idea what this means, and I don't want to open another bottle.

Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by uk1
Geneva first I think.
I agree.

We took a day trip to Geneva in March. Nice spring day, some lunch, a bit of shopping and 2,000 Avios and 20 TPs each.

If I did it again, I'd avoid Saturdays which is ski turnround day with hordes arriving and departing. GVA simply can't cope. Probably easier now as we approach May.

Holding my breath for ZRH ...
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Are POUG ever offered on these fares?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Are POUG ever offered on these fares?
Page 2
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by csutter
Oops. Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
So FM

How's your Nice day trip?
Poor FM will have come on the only day of the week when the weather was not nice!! Yesterday was splendid, tomorrow will be too, but today was cloudy with a bit of rain. I hope you had a lovely time nonetheless but you were definitely a bit unlucky weatherwise!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:06 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roger
I agree.

We took a day trip to Geneva in March. Nice spring day, some lunch, a bit of shopping and 2,000 Avios and 20 TPs each.

If I did it again, I'd avoid Saturdays which is ski turnround day with hordes arriving and departing. GVA simply can't cope. Probably easier now as we approach May.

Holding my breath for ZRH ...
Thanks. I've been reading about Sundays and it seems fairly dead. A few web sites give pointers to the odd thing to do and the places still open to eat. It's a Saturday it seems.

I've been to ZRH quite a few times and only for the day. Not really convinced it's worth a return trip, but it could be right for others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.