Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Change frequent flyer number from BA to CX on Amex companion voucher booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hertz 5*, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold

First post, although have both enjoyed and benefited hugely from Flyertalk help and advice over some years now. Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere - I've surfed and not found.

Have just secured an open-jaw LHR-Austin,TX outbound, MEX-LHR CW companion voucher return for March/April '15. However, when I go to the Finnair website to use my Amex Platinum gained CX Marco Polo membership to pre-select my seat I'm unable to change from BAEC to CX - the dropdown is disabled. I'm BAEC blue.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it due to being an Avios booking, or maybe the use of the companion voucher? Or is the reservation still too young (about 20 hours old). Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I'm obviously keen to pre-select upstairs for the MEX leg, even if the flight is 350 days off....
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Welcome to Flyertalk. I have transferred your question to the BAEC forum and edited the title. Even though the voucher is earned with an American Express card, the ability to update your booking on the Finnair site is not related to American Express.

I have been able to use the Finnair site to change my frequent flyer number from BA to AA immediately after redeeming a companion voucher earned though the USA credit card, and was then able to select seats on ba.com.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
I can also confirm I had no issues using finnair to change numbers on a companion voucher redemption booking.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I had the same problem a few weeks ago with a normal BA Avios redemption.
I tried a few times and found my CX number wasn't transferring over to my booking on BA correctly. I did eventually manage it. I can't exactly remember how, but it did work and I managed to secure 62k - exactly as I wanted!
Keep at it, as I was told, it's nothing to do with the fact it's a redemption booking.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hertz 5*, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold
Many thanks for the encouraging replies - seems as if I just need to give it time. I've noticed that when I go into the edit details section on the Finnair, the booking reference (which obviously works to gain access to the booking) reads as NOSYNC. I suspect that for some reason the BA reservation is just taking time to synchronise fully across the various systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.