Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA codeshare on Flybe/Loganair Scottish flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA codeshare on Flybe/Loganair Scottish flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is there any sense about why BRR has been left out of the new codeshare agreement? I can't see an obvious reason for the exclusion.
The only thing I can think of is that the flights are subject to tides, which means that they are generally different every week.

I don't think that would be enough to prevent a codeshare, but maybe because BA is on Amadeus and LM is on another system it's too much hassle for BA to manually update times?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by meles
Blimey - KOI - LCY Ł40 without bags later this month now....
Assume you are rounding up - now showing KOI - LCY at Ł37.66 as part of a return flight. That's Ł8.73 plus taxes.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sealink
The only thing I can think of is that the flights are subject to tides, which means that they are generally different every week.

I don't think that would be enough to prevent a codeshare, but maybe because BA is on Amadeus and LM is on another system it's too much hassle for BA to manually update times?
Good enough reason....might make it more trouble than it's worth. Don't think the Flybe BRR route is subsidised either.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

I don't think that would be enough to prevent a codeshare ...
It shouldn't be. It certainly didn't prevent an FT Do on Barra, which AIUI was mostly flown on BA codes (as was the side trip to BEB).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It shouldn't be. It certainly didn't prevent an FT Do on Barra, which AIUI was mostly flown on BA codes (as was the side trip to BEB).
It's only recently that Loganair started using Sabre as opposed to whatever Flybe used.
But I still think GDS can talk to each other...

And, actually I have no idea why Barra can't be booked...

http://www.amadeus.com/web/amadeus/e...PressRelease_C
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Loganair CS has sent me some details about why Barra isn’t possible under the BA code share:

“Thank you for your interest in our Glasgow to Barra service. Unfortunately there have been low levels of usage of the codeshare agreement on this route over the last 3 years which makes it unviable to maintain the codeshare arrangement. In addition, the change in security regulations at Campbeltown, Barra and Tiree in early 2017 means that it is no longer possible for customers to transfer between flights at Glasgow without re-clearing security and so the product and our ability to guarantee connections is not to the same high standard as that of our other routes where the codeshare partnership will continue.”

Seems a shame.
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Loganair CS has sent me some details about why Barra isn’t possible under the BA code share:

“Thank you for your interest in our Glasgow to Barra service. Unfortunately there have been low levels of usage of the codeshare agreement on this route over the last 3 years which makes it unviable to maintain the codeshare arrangement. In addition, the change in security regulations at Campbeltown, Barra and Tiree in early 2017 means that it is no longer possible for customers to transfer between flights at Glasgow without re-clearing security and so the product and our ability to guarantee connections is not to the same high standard as that of our other routes where the codeshare partnership will continue.”

Seems a shame.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
FYI, flyBe ends the Shetland flights:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...-january-2018/

Affected routes:
Aberdeen – Sumburgh up to 16 weekly
Edinburgh – Sumburgh 7 weekly
Glasgow – Sumburgh 7 weekly
And Loganair schedules new routes:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...routes-in-s18/

Glasgow – Bergen27MAY18 – 09SEP18 2 weekly Saab 2000
Glasgow – Guernsey26MAY18 – 15SEP18 1 weekly Saab 2000
Kirkwall – Fair Isle25MAY18 – 05OCT18 2 weekly BN-2 Islander
Manchester – Inverness – Bergeneff 10MAY18 3 weekly Embraer ERJ145
Manchester – Kirkwall22JUN18 – 03SEP18 2 weekly Dornier 328
Manchester – Stornoway23JUN18 – 01SEP18 1 weekly Saab 340
Manchester – Sumburgh23JUN18 – 01SEP18 1 weekly Saab 2000
Norwich – Inverness29JUN18 – 03SEP18 2 weekly Dorner 328
Norwich – Isle of Man25MAY18 – 10JUN18 2 weekly Dornier 328
Norwich – Jersey30APR18 – 07OCT18 5 weekly Dornier 328

Calchas likes this.

Last edited by florens; Dec 20, 2017 at 2:13 am Reason: Fixed the formatting
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most interesting. And somehow not entirely unexpected.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:59 pm

Flybe are now aiming to do some serious damage to Loganair at Kirkwall and Stornoway by basing aircraft there. That said, they haven't won themselves any favours due to their unreliability.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by lcylocal

Seems a shame.
What is it that has changed at Glasgow for them to no longer being able to offer transfers? Why go through security now?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:10 am

Barra

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
What is it that has changed at Glasgow for them to no longer being able to offer transfers? Why go through security now?
No security at departure points any more so need to go landslide at Glasgow

Why three UK airports have ditched security screenings and bag checks
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ifu05596
No security at departure points any more so need to go landslide at Glasgow
Ah… I did wonder about this when I flew from Barra earlier in the year – its absence took me by surprise!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:33 pm

I think Loganair/BA excuse is poor. Yes, you have to go through security again at Glasgow, but surely the answer is to allow extra time for the BA connection?
I suppose through checking of luggage is our of the question too.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Flybe are now aiming to do some serious damage to Loganair at Kirkwall and Stornoway by basing aircraft there. That said, they haven't won themselves any favours due to their unreliability.
They’re not called FlyMayBe for nothing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.