Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Lounge advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The JAL 'first' lounge is poor in comparison to their regular business lounge (why bother?), altbough it's only open for the afternoon/evening flights.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
They now have proper champagne and made-to-order ramen in the JAL F lounge. IveI been to worse lounges.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
I've been to Frankfurt about a dozen times so far this year and where originally I would arrive at the airport about 90 mins before the flight I'm now down to about 50 mins. If I'm desperate for a glass of water I might pop into the lounge but I'd advocate not allocating any additional time in your plans for lounging.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
The whole experience at FRA on BA is almost invariably sub-par:
  • grotty lounge
  • gate security
  • usually bussed to/from plane
  • ginormous taxi to take off runway (Startbahn West) on departure and the same on arrival (North runway)
  • difficult access to/from public transport into town, since this involves changing terminals by bus or sky train and long walks to get to/from the S-Bahn
I have got used to these handicaps over the years, but the uninitiated may encounter problems...
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
The whole experience at FRA on BA is almost invariably sub-par
I think you are a little unfair here. Granted, FRA may not be the best airport experience in the world, but
- Taxi between airport and city centre takes about 15 mins and is 30 Euros
- The outbound runway is bad, but inbound depends on the day and ranges from bad (northern runway to excellent (main runway when arriving from the west).
- the bus arrival is faster than C gates in T5.
- immigration is quick
- bags are consistently on the belt when you get there - no wait.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
The whole experience at FRA on BA is almost invariably sub-par
I completely agree. FRA T2 is not great. Compare that to flying in and out of FRA on LATAM, the only (or one of a few) OW airlines using T1.

You get a better lounge (AC MLL is actually decent), usually shorter passport/security control lines (because you have more options: if one checkpoint is busy, you can go to another one); shorter taxiing; quicker access to public transportation.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
The thing i like with the JAL Lounge is .. I walk up and am immediately greeted by name and welcomed to the First lounge without showing my boarding pass :-). Have also been able to use the lounge on arrival :-)
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
That is because i am assuming you are unfortunate in being a regular - hence they recognise you... :-)
frandrake likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
The thing i like with the JAL Lounge is .. I walk up and am immediately greeted by name and welcomed to the First lounge without showing my boarding pass :-). Have also been able to use the lounge on arrival :-)
They are no longer doing that for me. Not sure if that is a bad thing.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Inc Amb
Hi folks,

Sat on the Embraer waiting to get back to London City having experienced the JAL First Lounge.

Come back BA Club Terraces, all is forgiven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.