Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

62K- Is the window close enough to not have to stretch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue

or is 20 A better?

Hi-J 747
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:29 am

Close enough to do what? Open it?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:31 am
Original Poster

ha, that made me lol....well, to be able to have a gander outside. i'm on the 275 and want to know which one will give me the best views of vegas as we land. last time i did vegas in club it was a 777.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Never sat downstairs The window closest to shoulder at 62K is close enough. The others (3 I think) you will need to stretch. What is your concern if I can ask? If it is a mobility issue, would you be allowed to occupy an exit row?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:35 am
Original Poster

the reason i ask is as from what i can remember the 275 lands around dusk and the views over the mountains and the huge shining light that is vegas is quite stunning. id quite like to see it from the best angle. i dont have any mobility issues.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
20a is over the wing so may have restricted views.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:20 am

If I were you I'd stick with 62K. You'd have to stretch if the view is almost below the plane, but otherwise you'd be okay. Apart from that, it's one of the best CW seats in the house anyway.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The only issue for the UD windows is that the fuselage along the UD is curving and therefore the view down can be a bit more restricted as the window is slightly angled towards you. Main deck windows are not similarly angled so if it is purely for the view I would suggest main deck, and a window seat in the mini CW cabin behind first so the wings and engines don't get in to the view.

Having said all that, for me all the others advantages of UD outweigh the slight disadvantage of the view when compared to the main deck.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:35 am

Facing backwards during take off and landing is strange, but otherwise 62K is great! View out of the windows is fine and good leg room and privacy
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by flood
Facing backwards during take off and landing is strange
Really? I can't say I've ever noticed. Surely it's no different to sitting backwards on a train and most people must have done that hundreds of times.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:53 am
Original Poster

i was terrified the 1st time i had to go backwards, i cant do it on trains as it makes me feel ill. it was fine, a little bit strange at take off and landing yes.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I purposely fly backwards, no real reason other than its a novelty and you get a nice angle to the seat on the descent (not that it makes any big difference!!).

For the snobs out there, on take off, you literally are looking down on the other passengers in the other cabins (767 especially where you can peer down on WTP and economy all at the same time). Not that I would ever dream of doing such a thing, no, not me.

As for the window, no real issue, it is a bit like peering through a tunnel though due to the curvature of the fuselage as noted above.

Last edited by jcm9000; Apr 17, 2014 at 8:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.