FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Walker talker alert LGW Flounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1569398-walker-talker-alert-lgw-flounge.html)

gate4lounge Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Walker talker alert LGW Flounge

Currently in LGW Flounge and a walker talker has been annoying me for half an hour. He gives pillocks a bad name! Why do these doughballs think that what they say on their mobile is so important that everyone has to hear it?

crazy8534 Apr 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Is it the Johnson account again? It's always the Johnson account...
:D:D

gate4lounge Apr 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Well he's now on about kitchen knives and how he can do three things at once when he leaves the bedroom :o maybe I should listen and learn:D

IceInTheCider Apr 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Walker talker alert LGW Flounge

That situation is bad enough in a large lounge, but at LGW that must be torturous.

V10 Apr 15, 2014 12:35 pm

There was one of these in T5 GC a week last Sunday, and then in the BRU lounge last Friday.

Neither was me, I should add. :p

Has anyone actually ever been moved enough to tell one of these infuriating bell ends to STFU?

windowontheAside Apr 15, 2014 12:38 pm

A chum of mine listens for any useful info - email address, mobile number etc that the talker gives out and then emails/texts them to shut up. Seems to work pretty well, when I've seen him do it.

The talker generally does a complete spin around the room to see who might have done it, but since there are often quite a few annoyed folk glaring his (and it is almost always a man - why is that?) way.

jacobitetraveller Apr 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by gate4lounge (Post 22708846)
Well he's now on about kitchen knives and how he can do three things at once when he leaves the bedroom :o maybe I should listen and learn:D

isn't it strange what seemingly odd conversations they have
the last one I heard was on what underwear was the most comfortable
must be the oddest one I have ever heard

gate4lounge Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Yes, once when I was in the LHR DC lounge at LHR and this guy was ignoring a don't use mobile phones wooden block sign on the table I eventually tossed the wooden block into his lap and said "read this". He got the message :D

The walker talker has just left- minus his passport and boarding card :D

courtster Apr 15, 2014 12:52 pm

The Walker Talker, of course! I've had to put with them so many times in nice quiet lounges, but never come up with a name suitable. Gahhhhh

gate4lounge Apr 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by courtster (Post 22709022)
The Walker Talker, of course! I've had to put with them so many times in nice quiet lounges, but never come up with a name suitable. Gahhhhh

All part of the service :D he has been reunited with his passport and boarding card - I did give a little help despite him being a PITA

SpeedBird2001 Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Last time I was in the Terraces lounge at Gatwick I had to endure a very loud South African man sitting beside me talking loudly into his phone. The lounge was busy so we couldn't move away.

I was travelling with my teenage daughter and the man repeatedly slipped profanities into the conversation he was having and after about the tenth time I made sure I made eye contact with him and loudly said "do you mind?" to him.

He didn't walk as he did any of this, more's the pity.

baggageinhall Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 22708902)
There was one of these in T5 GC a week last Sunday, and then in the BRU lounge last Friday.

Has anyone actually ever been moved enough to tell one of these infuriating bell ends to STFU?

Yes. Regularly. I also ask people who use their mobile phone in the quiet carriage to refrain from doing so.

It can never hurt to ask and it usually changes the Walker-Talkers alleged perception. They move from 'nobody minds this', to 'was I being annoying? I didn't realise'. If others want to pitch in with a nod of approval or a withering glare then all the better.

Mrs Baggageinhall on the other hand thinks that someone will end up punching me. (I have a theory on that too. Who'd punch a 5' 6" man? You'd either end up looking like a bully or worse still, the little guy might punch you back and floor you. It's just not worth the risk)

SpeedBird2001 Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by gate4lounge (Post 22708957)

The walker talker has just left- minus his passport and boarding card :D

Karma is a b*tch :D

Genius1 Apr 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Just join in the conversation! He'll soon stop or move away then.

KeaneJohn Apr 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 22708902)

On my last visit to Aberdeen it was almost a conversation as to who could sound the most important on their phone it was almost embarassing. I haven't done it yet in a lounge but if someone is on a train talking constantly and ends up giving their phone number out I will send them a text saying to speak louder as the people at this end of the train didn't hear the end of the conversation. Done that 4 times and I can confirm that it most definitely stops them using the phone.